'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Starrer Earns ₹74 Crore Overseas in Seven Weeks
The business of Shahrukh Khan's latest movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" may have gone downhill in India, but is still drawing collections at the overseas box office.
Yash Chopra's last directed movie was released last year on Nov 13 across 600 screens across the world. The movie was released along with Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardaar".
The movie is in its seventh week and is still running internationally. Until now it has raked in ₹74.5 crore ($13.54 million) and has become a smashing hit overseas.
"#JTHJ Overseas total [7 Weeks; till Tue] $ 13.54 million [₹ 74.5 cr]. MONSTROUS HIT in Overseas," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
#JTHJ is a humungous HIT in Overseas. First film to cross $ 4 million mark in UAE + GCC ... Also, the third highest grosser in Overseas," Adarsh said on his Twitter handle.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"#JTHJ [7 weeks total; till Tue] USA + Canada $ 3,546,000 ... UK £ 1,615,000 ... UAE + GCC $ 4,032,000 ... Rest of World $ 3,458,000."
In India, the business of the film declines after the release of "Talaash", "Khiladi 786" and "Dabangg 2". After the four week, it raked it ₹121.27 crore at the domestic box office. The worldwide total of the film now stands at ₹195.77 crore.
The romantic movie, which also stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif in the lead roles, has become Bollywood's third highest film overseas after "3 Idiots" and "My Name is Khan".
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan," produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner, marked the comeback of legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra to direction after a gap of eight years.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch Champions League Semifinal: Real Madrid vs Bayern Munich Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Portland Trail Blazers vs Houston Rockets Game 2 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Dallas Mavericks vs San Antonio Spurs Game 2 Live Streaming Information
- Selena Gomez Allegedly Dumped Justin Bieber Due to Kylie Jenner: Kylie Jenner's Reaction?
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Star Norman Reedus Wants to Make a Book of Artwork Made by his Fans and New Stuff
- 'Sam & Cat's' Final Episode to Air April 26: RIP Cat Valentine Trends on Twitter, Goodbye Ariana Grande?