Hrithik Roshan Voted as ‘World's Sexiest Asian Man’
The 38-year-old actor was voted the sexiest Asian man for the second time in a row in a survey conducted by Asian weekly Eastern Eye.
"The star of 2012 hit 'Agneepath' beat off tough competition from around the world and won by an even bigger margin than last year as he received votes from all over the world from continents that included Asia, Europe, Africa and South America from fans of all ages and different cultures," the Eastern Eye Newspaper said in a release, according to PTI.
Hrithik gained the top spot followed by Pakistani singer-turned-actor Ali Zafar at second position and Bollywood's hot favourite Salman Khan at third position.
Shahid Kapoor landed at the fourth spot, while Sidharth Malhotra, who made his Bollywood debut this year with "Student of the Year", came fifth.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Bollywood Badshah Shahrukh Khan gained the seventh position followed by John Abraham at eight and Ranbir Kapoor at ninth position.
Surprisingly, this year for the first time two Indian television stars - Kushal Tandon of "Ek Hazaaron Mein Meri Behna Hai" and Barun Sobti of "Iss Pyar ko Kya Naam Du" - made it to the top 10 list.
The vote came as surprise for Hrithik who felt embarrassed by the title.
"I am extremely humbled at the decision of the public, also a little embarrassed as I just can't imagine myself as sexy! I'm actually someone who's just trying to get by with his battered, bruised and broken tools. So a big thanks to all for this dose of encouragement! Thank you Eastern Eye readers for this very sweet recognition," PTI quoted Hrithik as saying.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- UK Travel Warning: Airports, Trains and Ferry Services Hit by Gales and Tidal Surge
- Autumn Statement 2013: Swindler George Osborne’s Biggest Con Yet
- My South African Adventure: Johannesburg's Bungalows, Storms and Sunday Socials
- ‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
‘Krrish 3’ Box Office Collection: Has Hrithik Starrer Really Shattered ‘Chennai Express’ Record in India?
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India