‘Talaash’ Box Office Collection Slumps; Will Aamir Starrer Cross ₹100 Crore Mark at Domestic BO?
Aamir Khan's first suspense thriller and murder mystery film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within" witnessed a drop in box office collection in its second week of release.
The Reema Kagti-directed movie was released on Nov 30 across 2500 screens in India and 520 screens overseas, generating fantastic figures at the box offices on the first day itself.
However, the business of the movie, which also stars Rani Mukherjee and Kareena Kapoor, started declining in the second week .
The suspense thriller earned ₹11.20 crore during the second weekend, taking the overall domestic total to ₹79.10 crore. The collections declined drastically in the following week. Sunday's collection figure stood at ₹12.75 crore, while on Monday the movie earned just ₹1.5 crore.
The breakup of the second week till Tuesday is ₹10.40 crore on Friday, ₹11.15 crore on Saturday, ₹12.75 crore on Sunday, ₹1.5 crore on Monday and ₹1.35 crore on Tuesday, according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The overall domestic figure of the movie now stands at approximately ₹81.95 crore. It requires ₹18.05 crore to surpass the ₹100 crore mark at the box office. Considering its collections in the second week, the prospects of crossing that mark are low.
According to reports, "Talaash" is doing well in multiplexes as compared to single screens while Akshay Kumar's recently released "Khiladi 786" is going strong.
"Talaash" may recover its business in its third week since there are no new films releasing this week. However, once Salman Khan's "Dabangg 2" hits the screens on Dec 21, the earnings from "Talaash" are expected to dip again.
On a positive note, the film is going strong at overseas box offices and is a hit in the international market.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Christmas 2013: Consumer Complaints Prompts Manitoba Dollar Store to Pull Out Candy Gag Gift in Tablet Form That Claims to Cure Homosexuality
- Ashes 3rd Test Preview: Australia vs England Live Streaming Information
- Tata to Perk up New Year with ‘Nano Twist’; Cheapest Car to Hit Market with Power Steering
- 'Gay For a Day' Facebook Movement Goes Viral: Plea For Attention or Homophobic Message?
- ‘R… Rajkumar’ Box Office Collection: Shahid-Sonakshi Starrer Crosses ₹50 Crore Mark
- Top 5 'Unexpected' Newsmakers of 2013
- GM's Mary Barra Profile: First Female General Motors CEO Appointment
- Suzuki Developing New Diesel Engine, Will Power First LCV Y9T
- Safety Issues, Financial Woes Will Force Indians to Stay Indoors on New Year's Eve
- 2nd Test, Day 3 Preview: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information