'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Starrer Fails to Beat Salman’s ‘Dabangg’, ‘Bodyguard’
Shahrukh Khan's romantic movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" became the highest grossing film released during Diwali. Late Yash Chopra's last directorial film is a superhit in India as well as abroad.
But the movie, touted to be the biggest blockbuster of the year, failed to break the record of Salman Khan's "Ek Tha Tiger" and Aamir Khan's "3 Idiots."
It collected total Rs 69.86 cr at overseas box offices and Rs 120.85 cr at domestic. The worldwide total of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" now stands at Rs 190.71 crore net.
"JTHJ" also failed to beat the record of Salman Khan's "Bodyguard" and "Dabangg" and also Akshay Kumar's "Rowdy Rathore" at the box offices.
"Bodyguard" and "Dabangg" each collected approximately Rs 140 crores in India, while "Rowdy Rathore" collected Rs 124.15 cr (till third weekend). But the romantic movie successfully left behind another Shahrukh starrer, "Ra.One," with Rs 115 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
In the international market, "JTHJ" has done excellent business. With Rs 69.86 cr ($ 12.701 million), it has become Bollywood's third highest and Shahrukh's second highest grossing film overseas.
However, the business of the film has declined considerably in its third week because of the two new releases, "Talaash" and "Khiladi 786." In India, the business has almost stopped because of the lesser number of screens.
The romantic film also features Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in lead roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Air New Zealand Extends Flight Services to Australia’s Sunshine Coast, City Braces for Tourism Boom
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Nissan to Kick-start Online Car Sales in India
- Little India Riot: Incident Raises Fear of Backlash
- Tata Motors Mulls Price Hike for Passenger Vehicle Segment
- Gionee Pioneer P3 with Quad-Core Processor Launched in India for ₹7,499
- Singapore’s Little India Hit by Riots, Many Vehicles Torched and 18 Injured
- Deepika Padukone Okay with Turning Down 'Fast and Furious 7'
Paul Walker's Funeral: Fans and Car Enthusiasts Hold Memorial for 'Fast & Furious' Star; Family to Bid Farewell this Week
'R... Rajkumar' Box Office Collection: Shahid Starrer Beats Saif's 'Bullett Raja' Opening Weekend Figures, Earns ₹30.59 crore