'Talaash' Box Office Collection: Aamir-Starrer Crosses ₹ 100-Crore Mark in First Week
Suspense thriller "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within" crossed the ₹ 100-crore mark at the box office within first week of its release. Reema Kagti's directorial film has earned ₹67.9 crore at domestic and ₹36.75 crore at overseas box offices in its first week.
The worldwide total of Aamir Khan-starrer film now stands at ₹ 104.65 crore.
The movie also featuring Kareena Kapoor and Rani Mukherjee in the lead roles was released on a non-holiday Friday across 2500 screens in India and 520 screens overseas.
Despite the mixed reactions, "Talaash" has done good business at multiplexes and average to good at single screens, according to Adarsh.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The movie had a tremendous opening on the first day and showed growth over the weekend, especially on Sunday; however, the business witnessed a fall on weekdays.
It collected ₹ 18.1 crore on first Sunday, but on Monday the business declined by ₹ 11.36 crore. On Tuesday it raked in ₹ 5.72 cr, Wednesday ₹ 4.56 cr and Thursday ₹ 3.7 crore.
"Talaash" business might get affected due to Akshay Kumar's action masala film "Khiladi 786" which was released on December.
"Talaash" is jointly produced by Excel Entertainment and Aamir Khan Productions. Besides the three big stars, the movie also features Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Raj Kumar Yadav, Shernaz Patel and Bengali actor Subrat Dutta in supporting roles.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- WTO Breaks 12-Year Standoff to Reach First Global Trade Deal
- Delhi Elections 2013: BJP to Gain Maximum Assembly Seats as per 4 Exit Polls
- 'Club 60' Review Roundup: Watch for Actors Heart Touching Performances
- Apple iPad Air and iPad Mini 2 Hit Stores in India; Price and Specifications Details
- WTO Reaches its First Ever Trade Deal at Bali Meeting
- ‘R… Rajkumar’ Box Office Collection: Shahid Starrer Opens with a Bang in India
- Auto Expo 2014: Top Cars Expected to Dazzle at Event
- Smart Buy: Top Affordable Full HD Smartphones with Quad-Core CPU in India
- Indian 2014 Gold Imports Seen at Half Usual Levels
- Sale of Power Grid gets Bids for 6.7 times Stock on Offer