‘Son of Sardaar’ Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn Starrer Crosses ₹100 Cr Mark at Domestic BO in 16 Days
Ajay Devgn's action comedy film "Son of Sardaar" has finally entered the Rs 100 crore club at the domestic box office. This is Ajay's fourth and Sonakshi Sinha's third film that crossed the Rs 100 crore mark at the BO.
The film, released in more than 2,000 screens along with Shahrukh Khan's "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", took 16 days to cross the mark and join the elite club along with other movies.
"#SOS [2nd Week] Mon 1.80 cr, Tue 1.65 cr, Wed 2.05 cr. Total: Rs 100.55 cr nett. CROSSES 100 CR MARK IN INDIA," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"A happy gurupurab to all. What a day for Son Of Sardaar to cross 100 Crores on guru nankjis birthday! I am blessed! Thank u every1," Ajay tweeted on the same.
His last three films "Golmaal 3", "Singham" and "Bol Bachchan" have all crossed the Rs 100 cr mark at the box office, giving a tough competition to Salman Khan whose five films including "Ek Tha Tiger" entered the coveted club.
However, the business of the movie is declining with each passing day. Compared to the opening week, the movie witnessed a considerable fall in the second week at both domestic and overseas box offices. Also, with the release of new films this Friday the business might fall further.
Aamir Khan's crime thriller "Talaash" is expected to affect the business of both "SOS" and Yash Chopra's last directorial movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". Directed by Reema Kagti, advance bookings for "Talaash" received good response at both single screens and multiplexes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Miss Earth 2013: Miss India Sobhita Dhulipala Strong Contender to Win Title?
- 1st Test, Day 4 Preview: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information
- Article 370: Election Opens an Indian Political Sore That Refuses to Heal
- Clever Crocodiles Use Twigs and Sticks to Lure Prey
- Lava Iris 503, 3G 402 Go Official for ₹9,999 and ₹5,499
- ‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- Toyota Unveils New Land Cruiser Prado in India for ₹84.87 Lakh
- Sunil Grover Dumps ‘Gutthi’ for ‘Kunwari’?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India
'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?