‘Son of Sardaar’ Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn Starrer Crosses ₹100 Cr Mark at Domestic BO in 16 Days
Ajay Devgn's action comedy film "Son of Sardaar" has finally entered the Rs 100 crore club at the domestic box office. This is Ajay's fourth and Sonakshi Sinha's third film that crossed the Rs 100 crore mark at the BO.
The film, released in more than 2,000 screens along with Shahrukh Khan's "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", took 16 days to cross the mark and join the elite club along with other movies.
"#SOS [2nd Week] Mon 1.80 cr, Tue 1.65 cr, Wed 2.05 cr. Total: Rs 100.55 cr nett. CROSSES 100 CR MARK IN INDIA," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"A happy gurupurab to all. What a day for Son Of Sardaar to cross 100 Crores on guru nankjis birthday! I am blessed! Thank u every1," Ajay tweeted on the same.
His last three films "Golmaal 3", "Singham" and "Bol Bachchan" have all crossed the Rs 100 cr mark at the box office, giving a tough competition to Salman Khan whose five films including "Ek Tha Tiger" entered the coveted club.
However, the business of the movie is declining with each passing day. Compared to the opening week, the movie witnessed a considerable fall in the second week at both domestic and overseas box offices. Also, with the release of new films this Friday the business might fall further.
Aamir Khan's crime thriller "Talaash" is expected to affect the business of both "SOS" and Yash Chopra's last directorial movie "Jab Tak Hai Jaan". Directed by Reema Kagti, advance bookings for "Talaash" received good response at both single screens and multiplexes.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Xolo Q1010i up for Grabs in India; Price, Spec Details
- Rani-Aditya Wedding: Actresses’ Father’s Ill Health Reason Behind Sudden Marriage?
- WhatsApp User-base Breaches Record 500 Million Mark; Indians Form the Biggest Chunk
- Triumph Motorcycle Opens India’s Third Dealership in Kochi
- IPL 7 News: Cheteshwar Pujara: I Can Be a Jacques Kallis
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Modi Says Money Stashed Abroad to be Spent on Poor, to File 2nd Nomination from Varanasi Tomorrow
- Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 To Be Priced 15K; Speculated Launch, Specification Details
- Iron ore mining likely to restart in January in Goa
- Modi Slams anti-Muslim Remarks, Ally Defiant
- Singapore Airlines Replaces A380 Flights to Sydney and Melbourne with Smaller Boeing 777-300ER