‘Talaash’ Set for Massive Opening; Will it Break ‘3 Idiots’ Record at Box Office?
Aamir Khan's upcoming thriller film "Talaash: The Answer Lies Within", directed by Reema Kagti, is all set to rock the Indian and overseas box offices on Friday.
The advance booking for the actor's much-awaited movie after his 2009 blockbuster "3 Idiots" has received tremendous response at both single screens and multiplexes.
"Apparently all single screens and multiplexes were under tremendous pressure to open the advance booking for Talaash on Sunday itself", The Times of India quoted a trade analyst as saying.
The advance ticket booking for upcoming films generally begins four days before its release and for multiplexes two days before. The booking for "Talaash" began on Sunday itself.
"Owing to strong buzz and humungous inquiries from patrons, we opened the advance booking for 'Talaash' on Sunday pan India at all our Cinemax multiplexes," Girish Wankhede, national marketing head, Cinemax India Ltd, said in a statement.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"The response was quite amazing as we were able to book around 700 tickets on the very first day. Lot of corporate bookings and bulk bookings are also happening. We are very upbeat and foresee another big blockbuster," he added.
The crime thriller is jointly produced by Aamir Khan Productions and Excel Entertainment. Apart from Aamir, the movie also features Rani Mukerji and Kareena Kapoor in lead roles.
"Talaash" will release across more than 2500 screens in India and 520 screens in other countries. This is a new overseas record for a film starring Aamir. His last commercially and critically acclaimed film, "3 Idiots", was released in 415 screens overseas.
"#Talaash final *Overseas* screen count is 520 screens. A record for an Aamir Khan starrer... #3Idiots was 415 screens," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
Aamir is also quite confident about the film's release on Friday despite it being a week day. According to reports, the satellite rights of the film are already being sold at around ₹40 crore before the film's release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Article 370: Election Opens an Indian Political Sore That Continues to Fester
- Clever Crocodiles Use Twigs and Sticks to Lure Prey
- Lava Iris 503, 3G 402 Go Official for ₹9,999 and ₹5,499
- ‘Dhoom 3’ Box Office: Filmmakers and Distributors to Hike Ticket Price?
- Toyota Unveils New Land Cruiser Prado in India for ₹84.87 Lakh
- Sunil Grover Dumps ‘Gutthi’ for ‘Kunwari’?
- ‘Bullett Raja’ Box Office Collection: Saif Starrer Steady in India; ‘Ram-leela’ Dominates
- Bigg Boss 7: After Nishi Kohli, Rajkumar Kohli Supports Armaan-Tanisha Friendship
- Karbonn Launches Titanium X Android Smartphone for ₹ 18,490
- Bleak Outlook for WTO Deal as Rifts Widen over Subsidies
‘Ram-leela’ Box Office Collection: Ranveer-Deepika Starrer Becomes 4th Highest Grossing Film in India
'Dhoom 3' Set for Big Release in Tamil Nadu; Will Aamir-Starrer Surpass 'Chennai Express' Box Office Collections?