Gmail Allows Attachment Up to 10GB
Google Inc announced a new Gmail function that will allow users to attach up to 10GB of files in an email.
The latest move from Google further integrates Google Drive into Gmail which will allow the users to directly attach the files on Google Drive into a Gmail. Google said that the latest roll out will start appearing on Gmail in the next few days. With the Web giant's cloud-storage service, Google Drive, users can now send attachments up to 10 GB which the company claims is 400 times bigger than the files that a user sends using the traditional email.
"Now with Drive, you can insert files up to 10GB - 400 times larger than what you can send as a traditional attachment. Also, because you're sending a file stored in the cloud, all your recipients will have access to the same, most-up-to-date version," said Phil Sharp, Gmail Product Manager in a blog post.
The improvement in both Gmail and cloud technology will allow users to cross the current 25MB attachment limit too, as the user would be sending a file stored in the Drive, the recipient will always have access to the most up-to-date version incase the documents are being changed or edited over time.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"So whether it's photos from your recent camping trip, video footage from your brother's wedding, or a presentation to your boss, all your stuff is easy to find and easy to share with Drive and Gmail," the post added.
The move is a part of Google's ongoing effort to streamline its Gmail services and operations. The new feature will also verify whether the recipients have access to the file that the user sends and will prompt the user to change the sharing setting without navigating from Gmail.
"Gmail will also double-check that your recipients all have access to any files you're sending. This works like Gmail's forgotten attachment detector: whenever you send a file from Drive that isn't shared with everyone, you'll be prompted with the option to change the file's sharing settings without leaving your email. It'll even work with Drive links pasted directly into emails," the post read further.
The users can get started with the new composing experience by clicking on the attach button linked to a Google Drive account.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple Expands Buybacks by $30 Billion
- HTC to Manufacture Google’s Nexus 8 Tablet
- Conspiracy Trial Underway: Apple Inc., Google Inc., Intel Corp. and Adobe Systems Inc Allegedly Conspired to Keep Wages Down of Experienced Employees
- Asian Stocks Struggle Higher, Lack Conviction
- Google Glass to Hit Market for $1,500 each; Available to Adults for One Day Only - Find Out the Public's Reaction!
- ‘Heartbleed’ Bug: Major Websites Vulnerable to Hackers for 2 Years; How to Fix It
- Mark Zuckerberg Expresses Frustration to Barack Obama: Complete Text of Facebook CEO's Post
- Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) Tops Hedge Fund Stock –Citigroup
- Google Finance, Business Chiefs Get Millions in Bonuses
- Bill Gates Reclaims Top of Forbes Billionaire List from Mexican Mogul