Woman Air Force Officer Commits Suicide, Probe On
Anandita Das, 29-year-old Indian Air Force officer, allegedly committed suicide on Wednesday morning in Jodhpur, Rajasthan. Squadron Leader Das, who hails from West Bengal, was found hanging from a ceiling fan in her official quarters.
The Air Force officer was living with her husband, also an IAF officer, in their officers' quarters. The couple got married four years ago. Her body has been sent for autopsy to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital.
She was commissioned into Air Force in 2006.
"She was found hanging from the ceiling fan in the wee hours today. The body has been shifted to Mahatma Gandhi Hospital for postmortem," PTI quoted a police official saying.
Das was commissioned as an Air Force officer in 2006. She was a ground duty officer and was posted at the Jodhpur Air Force Station.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Defence spokesperson SD Goswami said that a court enquiry has been ordered into the alleged suicide case of the officer.
"Police investigation is on and we will extend full cooperation to the police investigation," Goswami said.
Last year, Flying Officer Anjali Gupta was found hanging at her relative's home in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. Gupta was the first female Indian Air Force officer to be court-martialled. Gupta had accused three senior officers of sexually abusing her.
She was dismissed from her service after allegations were found to be false. A five-member General Court Martial (GCM) jury found her guilty of seven counts ranging from indiscipline, insubordination to financial misappropriation, PTI reports.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Los Angeles Clippers vs Golden State Warriors Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Watch NBA Playoffs: Oklahoma City Thunder vs Memphis Grizzlies Game 3 Live Streaming Information
- Lorde and Flume’s ‘Tennis Court’ Remix A Hit [VIDEO]
- US Seeks Provisional Arrest of Indian MP KVP Ramachandra Rao in Titanium Mining Case
- Barcelona Open 2014 Results: Rafael Nadal Through to Round Three, Ferrer Ousted
- Pentagon Dossier to Detail Secretive U.S. Afghan Detainee Policy
- Rihanna's Ex-Beau Chris Brown to Stay in Jail for Two More Months, Rap Star Worried Sick and Broken
- Boxing News 2014: Expert Says Pacquiao Would Beat Mayweather If the Dream Match Would Take Place Now; Tax Court Orders Phil Gov’t to Stop Garnishing Pacman’s Properties
- IPL 7 News: Preity Zinta Talks about Being a Woman in a Male-Dominated Game
- Supreme Court Asks Govt to Reveal List of Indian Account Holders in German Bank