‘Son of Sardaar’ Box Office Collection: Ajay Devgn Starrer Crosses Rs. 100-Crore Mark
Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha starrer "Son of Sardaar," released on November13, has finally crossed the Rs. 100-crore mark worldwide. The action-comedy film opened to mixed reviews and is still entertaining movie buffs in both domestic as well as overseas markets.
The movie was released in more than 2,000 screens along with Yash Chopra's last film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan." In its second weekend, SOS collected approximately Rs. 11.80 crore net at the domestic box office. The overall domestic box office collection now stands at Rs. 95.05 crore.
"#SOS [2nd Week] Fri 3.05 cr, Sat 3.80 cr, Sun 4.95 cr. Total: Rs 95.05 cr nett. Note: India business only," trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted.
While the overseas BO collections were Rs. 15.36 crore, taking the worldwide total to Rs. 110.41 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Directed by Ashwini Dhir, SOS is a remake of the super-hit Telugu film "Maryada Ramanna" starring Sunil and Saloni Aswani in lead roles. SOS still dominates single screens of mass circuits across the country. However, business declined significantly in the second week in major markets.
It is doing good business in Rajasthan and is expected to surpass other Ajay Devgn starrers like "Singham," "Golmaal 3" and "Bol Bachchan" by a big margin, according to Adarsh.
Ajay Devgn's movie was expected to cross the Rs. 100-crore mark at the box office within the first week of its release, but failed to achieved the figures after facing tough competition from Shahrukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan."
However, SOS requires only Rs. 4.95 crore to cross the Rs 100-crore mark and join the elite club. This will be Ajay Devgn's fourth and Sonakshi Sinha's third movie to join the Rs 100-crore club.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Congress Breaks Losing Streak; Wins Mizoram
- Samsung Confirms Android 4.3 Roll-out Resumes for Galaxy S3 in UK
- India: Common Man's Party Ushers in Broomstick Revolution
- Nissan to Kick-start Online Car Sales in India
- Little India Riot: Incident Raises Fear of Backlash
- Tata Motors Mulls Price Hike for Passenger Vehicle Segment
- Gionee Pioneer P3 with Quad-Core Processor Launched in India for ₹7,499
- Singapore’s Little India Hit by Riots, Many Vehicles Torched and 18 Injured
- Deepika Padukone Okay with Turning Down 'Fast and Furious 7'
- 80,000 People, 60 World Leaders to Attend One of the Largest Funerals in History
Paul Walker's Funeral: Fans and Car Enthusiasts Hold Memorial for 'Fast & Furious' Star; Family to Bid Farewell this Week