'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Box Office Collection: Shahrukh Khan-Starrer Collects Rs 150 Crore Worldwide in 10 Days
Romantic film "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" directed by late filmmaker Yash Chopra has topped the box office collection chart in its first week in India.
The movie starring Shahrukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles is going extremely well at both domestic and overseas box offices.
In the 10-day-extended opening week "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" collected Rs 150.41 crore from India as well as overseas market. While at domestic box office it raked in Rs 98.41 crore, at international market it collected Rs 52 crore ($ 9.5 million), according to trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
"JTHJ" has performed well at multiplexes, but its business was affected at single screens because of Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardaar."
"JTHJ has performed exceedingly well at multiplexes of urban centres. However, the business at single screens was below the mark, also because SON OF SARDAAR was the first choice at mass centres/single screens," Adarsh said.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is legendary filmmaker Yash Chopra's last directorial film. The movie was expected to break the records of Yash Raj Productions "Ek Tha Tiger," but it failed.
"JTHJ" was released during the six-day Diwali weekend in more than 2,500 screens as compared to Salman Khan's "Ek Tha Tiger" which was released in 3300 screens across the country. "JTHJ" was supposed to be screened in more screens, but because of "Son of Sardar" the producers of the film could not get more screens.
Ajay's home production was also released on the same day on November 13 which hit more than 2000 screens. Both the movies are going strong at ticket window, but the Shahrukh-starrer is dominating both the markets.
"Son of Sardaar" in its first week (10 days) has raked in Rs 83.25 crore in India. The action comedy film is attracting movie buffs mostly at single screens.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Maruti Investors Ratchet Up Pressure to Shelve Suzuki Deal
- Economic Data Likely to Point to Weak Growth, High Inflation
- Indian Politician’s Grandson Among Passengers in Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370, Family Awaits Disaster
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo Leaked: Release Date and Features to Expect
- Climate Change and Rain Helped Genghis Khan Create the Mongolian Empire – Study
- Great Grandson of Mahatma Gandhi Blames Rahul for Using Name of Father of the Nation for Electioneering
- Idea Launches Ultra II and Id 1000 3G Android Smartphones in India; Price And Specs Details
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz Spy Shots Hit Web; Speculated Launch and Features Details
- NBA Preview: Houston Rockets vs Oklahoma City Thunder Live Streaming Information
- India, US Can Achieve a Lot Together: Barack Obama