Box Office Collection: 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Beats 'Son of Sardaar' at Overseas BO
Yash Chopra'a last directorial venture "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is ruling the domestic as well as overseas box office collection window.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan," starring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma in the lead roles, has fetched fantabulous figures in the international market as compared to Ajay Devgn's "Son of Sardar."
Both "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and "Son of Sardar" were released on the same day on November 13, but
Yash Chopra's directorial movie is doing a better business than Ajay's home production film.
"JTKJ" opened to an overwhelming response in international markets and is doing exceptional business in the US, the UK, the UAE, Pakistan, Germany, Singapore, Australia and New Zealand, according to popular trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh.
In its first extended weekend, the romantic movie raked in Rs 41.74 crore ($7.58 million) at the overseas box office collection while at domestic box office, the movie collected Rs 86.09 crore (Tuesday to Monday total). The worldwide total of the movie now stands at Rs 127.83 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"JTHJ" is giving tough competition to Ajay Devgn and Sonakshi Sinha starrer "SOS". The action comedy film directed by Ashwni Dhir has performed better than most Ajay Devgn-starrers, but the stiff competition from "JTJH" has hit its business hard.
It collected Rs 10.79 crores ($1.96 million) in first extended weekend and Rs 66.02 crore (Tuesday to Sunday total) at domestic box office window. The worldwide total of the movie stands at Rs 76.81 crore, according to Adarsh.
Both the movie opened to mixed reviews from film critics but had a great opening at the BO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 11: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders Live Streaming Information
- Happy Birthday Sachin Tendulkar: Celebrate the Life and Career of the Master Blaster with a Short Film [VIDEO]
- Pentagon Dossier to Detail Secretive U.S. Afghan Detainee Policy
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Patent Hints at Drastic Changes in Design
- Asia Markets: Tech Sector Brightens as Apple Jumps 8 Percent
- Maria Sharapova Stars in a New Nike Ad with BF Grigor Dimitrov