'Son Of Sardaar' Earns Big at Domestic Box Office Despite Competition from 'JTHJ'
Ajay Devgn's film "Son Of Sardaar" is doing great at the box office despite stiff competition from Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan," collecting over ₹66 crore from domestic box office alone last week.
"Son of Sardaar" was released in about 2000 screens worldwide on Tuesday along with "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" and it had a great opening, earning more than ₹10 crore on the first day.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted that "SOS" has collected ₹66.02 crore from six days of screening, excluding overseas collection.
"#SOS [India] Tue 10.72 cr, Wed 16.21 cr, Thu 12.22 cr, Fri 10.12 cr, Sat 8.50 cr, Sun 8.25 cr. Total: 66.02 cr nett," tweeted Taran, adding, "This Diwali, the *combined business* from #JTHJ and #SOS stands at Rs 146.75 cr nett. Note: India business only."
The total overseas collection of "SOS" from Tuesday to Sunday stands at ₹10.79 crore.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"#SOS India 66.02 cr + Overseas 10.79 cr. Total: 76.81 cr [Tue to Sun total]," tweeted Taran.
"SOS" had a good opening, collecting ₹10.72 crore from 2000 screens on Tuesday.
Interestingly, the producers of "SOS" had filed a complaint against the producers of "JTHJ" before the release of the films.
Ajay Devgn, producer of "SOS", accused production house Yash Raj Films of monopolistic practices in promoting "JTHJ". He has approached the Appellate Tribunal after the Competition Commission of India (CCI) rejected his plea.
The Appellate Tribunal has ordered an enquiry into Devgn's allegation but didn't stay the release of "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" as it could lead to irreparable financial loss.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Empty Nester Queensland Couple Among the 6 Aussie Passengers Aboard Missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 (VIDEOS)
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Information
- ‘Millionaire Matchmaker’ Season 7 Episode 12: Why Couldn’t Patti Stanger find Emil Chynn's Match?
- Ukraine Standoff Intensifies, Russia says Sanctions will 'Boomerang'
- Kejriwal takes Aim at Modi's Economic Model