Liquor Baron Ponty Chadha, Brother Killed In Firing
Liquor Baron Ponty Chadha and his elder brother Hardeep were shot dead in a shootout over a property dispute at a Delhi farmhouse on Saturday.
According to the TV reports, the brothers had an argument following which Hardeep fired at Ponty killing him while Ponty's bodyguard fired at Hardeep who returned the fire.
The brothers had bitter disputes over the division of their property and had reportedly called a meeting to resolve the issues relating to it.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Lot of problems were there between Ponty and his brother Hardeep over property settlement," Hardeep's lawyer told the TV channels.
The incident happened between 1:00 pm and 1:30 pm in the garden of the farmhouse, which belonged to Ponty.
According to hospital sources, Ponty had six bullets on his body. Police were questioning the guard who was also injured in the incident.
Chadha control the business empire --the Wave group valued at Rs. 6000 crore -- and his business interests range from distilleries and multiplexes to sugar and paper mills.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Third Anniversary of Syrian Conflict Shows Trail of Destruction of UNESCO Heritage Sites [PHOTOS]
- No U.S. Ban on Sale of Galaxy S5, Other Samsung Devices as Apple Loses Court Case (VIDEOS)
- Florida Man Loses $80,000 Due to Daughter’s Facebook Post
- Justin Bieber Loses Control During Testimony Trial Because of Selena Gomez
- Pistorius sobs as Doctor Recounts the Sad Event of Steenkamp's Death
- 'Suits' Season 3 Episode 11 'Buried Secrets 'RECAP: Rachel, Mike Relationship Solidifies, Louis Set to Expose Mike [SPOILERS]