'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Rocks Pakistan Box Office; Total Collection At ₹60 Crore
Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is not only doing great at Indian box office but also has rocked neighbouring country Pakistan, collecting PKR 93 lakh which is highest opening ever in the country.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and produced by Yash Raj Films was released in about 2,500 screens worldwide on Tuesday, on the occasion of Diwali festival and has been receiving good response from the audience around the globe.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted on Saturday that "JTHJ" collected PKR 93 lakhs from Thursday's preview and Friday release, taking the overseas collection at approximately ₹26 crores ($ 4.7 million).
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"#JTHJ takes a Hurricane-like start in Pakistan. Collects PKR 93 lakhs from Thu previews + Fri release. Highest opening ever in Pakistan," tweeted Taran, adding, "#JTHJ *Pakistan* Thu previews + Fri: PKR 93 lakhs [$ 96,976]. HISTORIC."
He added that "JTHJ" earned ₹11.17 crore on Friday, taking the total collections of four days to ₹60.39 crore.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is Katrina's first film with King Khan since she entered Bollywood in 2003 with "Boom."
Produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner, this romantic film marked the return of Yash Chopra as a director after a gap of eight years. The director passed away last month, just a few weeks before the release of the film.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Amitabh Bachchan Turns Rapper With Honey Singh for ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ [PHOTOS]
- ‘Total Siyapaa’ Review Roundup: Avoid it!
- ‘Gulaab Gang’ Review Roundup: Too Many Songs Spoil the Film
- Asia Cup 2014 Finals News: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka, Want to Finish Unbeaten, Says Perera
- I'll Continue till I Become Burden for Pakistan, Says Shahid Afridi
- Indian University Students Charged With Sedition As They Cheered For Pakistan