Box Office Report: 'Jab Tak Hai Jaan' Earns ₹35 Crore in 2 Days
Shah Rukh Khan starrer "Jab Tak Hai Jaan" made a wonderful opening, earning ₹15.23 crore on the first day itself, but the second day was even better with a collection of over ₹19 crore.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" featuring Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma and produced by Yash Raj Films was released in about 2,500 screens worldwide on Tuesday, on the occasion of Diwali festival.
Trade analyst and film critic Taran Adarsh tweeted that "JTHJ" collected ₹34.77 in the first two days of its release. "#JTHJ [India] Tue 15.23 cr, Wed 19.54 cr. Total: 34.77 cr nett. FANTASTIC," he tweeted.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to the figures provided by Taran Adarsh, "JTHJ" collected ₹3.64 crores from 88 locations in the U.K. and ₹ 1.05 crores from 26 locations in Australia in three days. It earned ₹17.61 lakh from 14 locations in New Zealand and ₹2.90 lakh from two locations in Fiji in two days. The first day collection in the U.S. is ₹1.81 crore ($ 330,000).
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" fared better than Ajay Devgn's film "Son Of Sardaar," which earned ₹26.93 crore in two days.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan" is Katrina's first film with King Khan since she entered Bollywood in 2003 with "Boom."
Produced by Aditya Chopra under the Yash Raj Films banner, this romantic film marks the return of Yash Chopra as a director after a gap of eight years. The director passed away last month, just a few weeks before its release.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch El Clasico Copa Del Rey Final: Barcelona vs Real Madrid Live Streaming Information
- IPL 7 Results: Ageless Kallis, Unplayable Narine Help KKR Thump Defending Champions Mumbai Indians
- Watch English Premier League: Manchester City vs Sunderland Live Streaming Information
- Monte-Carlo Masters Live Streaming Information: Watch Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer in Action
- HTC Desire 601 vs. HTC One Mini Specs and Price Comparison in Australia