Anita Advani Files Domestic Violence Case Against Rajesh Khanna’s Family, Seeks Maintenance, Re-Entry into ‘Aashirwad’
Rajesh Khanna's alleged live- in partner Anita Advani is making headlines again. Four months after the superstar's death, his lady love is back with new allegations against his family.
Advani has filed a case of domestic violence against Khanna's estranged wife Dimple Kapadia, his daughters Twinkle and Rinkie, and son-in-law and actor Akshay Kumar.
On Wednesday, the Bandra metropolitan magistrate court issued notices to Khanna's family based on a complaint filed by Advani. She was seeking compensation on the ground that the ailing actor was in her care for eight long years.
Advani in her petition accused Khanna's family of forcibly evicting her from the actor's property, triggering provisions for the Domestic Violence Act. She also said that the family manipulated his last will, which he filed two weeks prior to his death.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"The notices were hand delivered to us today and we shall serve them on Rajesh Khanna's family tomorrow through a bailiff. The matter is posted for hearing on interim reliefs on November 27," her lawyer Manohar Shetty told Press Trust of India.
Shetty also said that in case the court does not help her re-enter the actor's bungalow, she will seek ₹50 crore as compensation from his family under section 20 of the Act, according to The Indian Express
Advani also requested that she be allowed to re-enter Kaka's Carter Road residence Aashirwad. Magistrate Shailesh Sharad Deshpande has ordered the Khanna family to respond to the notice on or before Nov 27 when the hearing of the case will take place.
Shortly before the Khanna's demise in July, Advani sent legal notice to his family stating that she had a share in his property. Three weeks after his death, Khanna's family responded to the notice with a four-page reply stating that Advani has no legal right to claim the actor's property.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- ‘The Bachelor’ Season 18 (2014) Finale (Episode 11): Who is the Winner? Next Bachelorette's Name Revealed [Spoilers, Recap]
- Turkish 'Coup' Convicts Freed Amid Political Turmoil
- Legal Battles Against The Pirate Bay Proxies and ISP End After BREIN Backs Off
- Cheltenham Festival 2014 Where to Watch Live: Opening Day, Including Stan James Champions Hurdle Live Streaming Information
- Kate Upton Already Posed Naked in Photo Shoots, but Sports Illustrated Threatens to Sue a Web Site Over Kate’s Topless Photos