‘Delhi Safari’, ‘Hey Krishna’ Submitted for Academy Awards Consideration
Nikhil Advani's "Delhi Safari" and Vikram Vetturi's "Hey Krishna" were submitted for the 85th Academy Awards in the animated feature film category along with 19 other movies.
If selected the films will win an official nomination at the prestigious awards ceremony. The final shortlisted nominated movies will be announced on Jan 10, 2013, at 5.30 am.
"It's a matter of prestige to be in the company of films like Ice Age 4: Continental Drift and Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. I'm happy for my entire crew who has worked hard for over six years on this film," Advani said according to The Times of India.
"Several of the films listed have not yet had their required Los Angeles qualifying runs. Submitted features must fulfil the theatrical release requirements and comply with the entire category's other qualifying rules before they can advance in the voting process," according to a statement from the Academy.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Here is the list of 21 animated films submitted for consideration to the Oscars:
1. Adventures in Zambezia
3. Delhi Safari
4. Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
6. From Up on Poppy Hill
7. Hey Krishna
8. Hotel Transylvania
9. Ice Age Continental Drift
10. A Liar's Autobiography: The Untrue Story of Monty Python's Graham Chapman
11. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted
12. The Mystical Laws
13. The Painting
15. The Pirates! Band of Misfits
16. The Rabbi's Cat
17. Rise of the Guardians
18. Secret of the Wings
19. Walter & Tandoori's Christmas
20. Wreck-It Ralph
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Execs Name Alberta as Most Attractive Mining Jurisdiction in Canada
- Zombie Apocalypse 2014: Prophesized Incurable Flesh-Eating Disease Spreads In the Philippines After Bubonic Plague Cases In 2013
- Bubonic Plague Kills 20 in Madagascar in Return of Black Death
- Gionee Elife S5.5 World’s Slimmest Smartphone Tipped to Debut in India by March End: Report
- Vijay, Dhanush, Simbu Have Fun During Night Out
- Could 2014 Women’s World T20 be the Giant Leap? [Full Schedule]