Anupam Kher Among ‘Five Best Actors in Asia’
Bollywood's most versatile actor Anupam Kher was listed among the five best actors in Asia by The Hollywood Reporter, an entertainment magazine, in its latest issue.
The 57-year-old actor announced the news on his Twitter handle Saturday night.
"HAPPY to Share. Hollywood Reporter in its latest issue has listed me among the Five Best Actors in Asia. I am the ONLy Indian. Jai Ho.:)" Anupam said.
"Hollywood Reporter, "Five onscreen Talents wid d name recognition & box-office success 2 turn ur co-production into a global Blockbuster."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Anupam had worked in nearly 450 films and 100 plays in his career that spanned three decades. The actor had worked in international movies like "Bend It Like Beckham", "Bride and Prejudice", "The Mistress of Spices" and "Lust, Caution". He also appeared on American medical drama television series "ER".
The actor gained attention for his supporting role as Dr. Patel, a psychiatrist, in David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook" which also starred Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.
"As an actor, it has always been very important to keep growing. To me, the country of a film's origin is not important, the profile of my part in what matters," Anupam told The Hollywood Reporter, according to Koimoi.com.
Anupam began his acting career with 1982 movie "Aagman". He shot to fame two years later with "Saaransh".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370: Alien Abduction Conspiracy Theory Goes Viral as no Solid Answers Emerge
- HTC One 2 Release Date: Latest Leaked Pictures Hint Display of Weather and Time on Cover; Google Play Edition Expected [VIDEO]
- Malaysian Flight MH370: ‘Ringing Phone’ Mystery Sends Social Media into Frenzy; No Ringtone Heard When Authorities Try to Call
- India, US Can Achieve a Lot Together: Barack Obama
- Minnesota Tibetans Storm Chinese Office in Chicago
- Samantha Stosur, Rafael Nadal out of BNP Paribas Open 2014