Anupam Kher Among ‘Five Best Actors in Asia’
Bollywood's most versatile actor Anupam Kher was listed among the five best actors in Asia by The Hollywood Reporter, an entertainment magazine, in its latest issue.
The 57-year-old actor announced the news on his Twitter handle Saturday night.
"HAPPY to Share. Hollywood Reporter in its latest issue has listed me among the Five Best Actors in Asia. I am the ONLy Indian. Jai Ho.:)" Anupam said.
"Hollywood Reporter, "Five onscreen Talents wid d name recognition & box-office success 2 turn ur co-production into a global Blockbuster."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Anupam had worked in nearly 450 films and 100 plays in his career that spanned three decades. The actor had worked in international movies like "Bend It Like Beckham", "Bride and Prejudice", "The Mistress of Spices" and "Lust, Caution". He also appeared on American medical drama television series "ER".
The actor gained attention for his supporting role as Dr. Patel, a psychiatrist, in David O. Russell's "Silver Linings Playbook" which also starred Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence.
"As an actor, it has always been very important to keep growing. To me, the country of a film's origin is not important, the profile of my part in what matters," Anupam told The Hollywood Reporter, according to Koimoi.com.
Anupam began his acting career with 1982 movie "Aagman". He shot to fame two years later with "Saaransh".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Glasgow Helicopter Crash Hate Tweets Investigated by Police
- Evasi0n iOS 7 Untethered Jailbreak Quiet, iOS 6.1.3 Jailbreak 2013 ETA Cancelled? @iH8Sn0w Says 'Not a Promise'
- Xbox One: Fake Backward Compatibility Trick Can Brick Your Console [VIDEO]
- South Korea Expands Air Defence Zone
- World's Worst Earthquakes 'Caused by Man' [VIDEO]
- South Korea Announces Expanded Air-Defence Zone to Counter China