Chevrolet Sail U-VA to Challenge Hyundai, Suzuki and Ford; Price Starts at 4.44 Lakh
Sail U-VA, the first car launched by GM through the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) in India, will replace the company's older model Aveo U-VA. It is expected to increase the sale volume of GM in India.
The all new Sail U-VA, which is built on global small car platform, is available in both petrol and diesel engines in India. The car with a price tag starting from ₹ 4.44 lakh is priced lesser than its arch rival Maruti Suzuki Swift.
"The Sail U-VA is a strong edition to our small car portfolio. With the market preferring bigger cars in the compact segment, with Sail U-VA we are able to balance our presence in the segment along with Beat," said General Motors India President and Managing Director Lowell Paddock at the launch event.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Sail U-VA is the fastest selling car in Chinese market. The car is available in 14 countries across the globe which includes Madagascar, Columbia, Argentina, Chile and China. In India, the company will offer the car with 1.3-liter diesel engine as well as 1.2-liter gasoline engine. According to the company, the diesel engine of the car is capable of giving 22.1 kilometers a liter and the petrol engine gives the mileage of 18.2 kilometers per liter.
The car packs Hawk Wing Style Front Headlamps and Shooting Star Style Front Fog Lamps and comes with 12 spoke - 14 inch alloy wheels. The interiors of the car also have been given a sporty look with three spoke V-style sporty steering wheel and "Fun Wide" Audio System. The some variant of the car hosts the safety features like ABS+EBD, Impact Proof Bumpers and Speed Sensitive Autolock .The petrol version of the car is available in four variants and is priced between ₹ 4.44 lakh and ₹ 5.57 lakh. The diesel model comes in three variants and is available for a price between ₹ 5.87 lakh and ₹ 6.62 lakh.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) Changes the Game for BlackBerry (NASDAQ:BBRY) or Vice Versa?
- International Women’s Day 2014: Top Female CEOs Around the World [PHOTOS]
- Geneva International Motor Show 2014: Apple CarPlay - From iPhone To iCar
- Finding Flight MH370 Gets Tougher: Oil Slick and Life Raft Not from Malaysian Jet
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370 Update: Passengers Travelling on Fake Passports; Terror Links Feared but No Evidence Found
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 3/10/14