Samsung Unveils Galaxy Premier I9260, Will Release First in Russia
The release of Galaxy Premier was rumoured for a long time and several images and features of Samsung's latest offering in the Galaxy portfolio made its way online. Though the device is not the official successor of Galaxy S3, it is associated with the name due to some similarities with Samsung's third-generation galaxy smartphone.
According to the reports, the outer parts of Galaxy Premier look more or less similar to the Galaxy S3 and the internal features are the revamped version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The device sports a 4.65-inch 1280×720 resolution, AMOLED screen, backed by 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4470 processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. It comes with an 8-megapixel camera and a 1.9-megapixel camera on the front.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Galaxy Premier has some of Galaxy S3 features like Best Photo, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Pop-Up Play, S Voice, and S Beam. The device packs 1GB RAM and is available in 8GB and 16GB internal memory options, expandable up to 64GB via a microSD card. There's also connectivity features like NFC, WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0 and A-GPS. Samsung will kick start sales of its new smartphone in November and as per reports the device will first make its way through Russia.
The South-Korea-based firm is yet to reveal the pricing of Galaxy Premier. If the rumors are to be believed, the device is expected to be priced as much as a high-end Android smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple Inc Q2 Earnings Predictions Reveal Low iPad Sales; Apple Celebrates Earth Day with Green-Themed Stores
- Micromax Canvas Doodle 3 Specifications Surface Online; Tipped to Debut this Week
- HTC One (M8) India Price Revealed; Tipped to Hit Stores in Early May
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Release Date: Patent Hints at Drastic Changes in Design
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Comparison of Apple Smartphone's Case with Nexus 5, Galaxy Note 3 and iPhone 5S [VIDEO]
- Samsung Galaxy K (aka S5 Zoom) Snapshots Leaked Online Ahead of Official Launch