Samsung Unveils Galaxy Premier I9260, Will Release First in Russia
The release of Galaxy Premier was rumoured for a long time and several images and features of Samsung's latest offering in the Galaxy portfolio made its way online. Though the device is not the official successor of Galaxy S3, it is associated with the name due to some similarities with Samsung's third-generation galaxy smartphone.
According to the reports, the outer parts of Galaxy Premier look more or less similar to the Galaxy S3 and the internal features are the revamped version of Samsung Galaxy Nexus. The device sports a 4.65-inch 1280×720 resolution, AMOLED screen, backed by 1.5GHz dual-core TI OMAP 4470 processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean OS. It comes with an 8-megapixel camera and a 1.9-megapixel camera on the front.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Galaxy Premier has some of Galaxy S3 features like Best Photo, Smart Stay, Direct Call, Pop-Up Play, S Voice, and S Beam. The device packs 1GB RAM and is available in 8GB and 16GB internal memory options, expandable up to 64GB via a microSD card. There's also connectivity features like NFC, WIFI, Bluetooth 4.0 and A-GPS. Samsung will kick start sales of its new smartphone in November and as per reports the device will first make its way through Russia.
The South-Korea-based firm is yet to reveal the pricing of Galaxy Premier. If the rumors are to be believed, the device is expected to be priced as much as a high-end Android smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Facebook to E-Money Attempt Could Challenge Retail Banks; Lessons From Yahoo
- 3 Confirmed Features for Nexus 6, LG G3 Release Date on July 2014? 2K Display, LG-Made CPU & New Android Camera App
- Minecraft PS3 Gets Disc in May, Texture Packs Teased and Updates on Patch 1.05
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Early June Quarter Estimates May Alarm Investors
- 3 Solid Reasons Why iPhone 6 Release Date is September 2014
- Apple iPad Mini 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia