‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’: Shah Rukh Explains Meaning of ‘Challa’ Song [Video]
"Challa", the first song from Shah Rukh Khan's much-awaited movie, "Jab Tak Hai Jaan", was released on Monday. Oscar-Award winner A.R Rahman composed the score for the film which is produced under the Yash Raj Films banner.
The lyrics of "Challa" is written by Gulzar and sung by Sufi singer Rabbi Shergill. The song is filmed in several crowded spots of London, with Khan seen playing the guitar and is a solo number on the hero. The two-minute song shows a glimpse of one of the heroines - Katrina Kaif - right at the end.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Excited about the song's release, Shah Rukh had earlier tweeted: "Challa will be out on the 1st of Oct. Looking forward to it...havent seen it since we finished shooting it."
Following the release, Khan also tweeted the meaning of the starting lyrics of the song "Challa Labda Phire". "As Rumi says the 2 insomnias of love where you keep searching for your lover. Thats the meaning of Challa ki labda phire.hope u all like it," he wrote on Twitter.
"When I am with u, we stay up all night, trying to find each other. When you're not here, I can't go to sleep....i wait for u. LABDA PHIRE," Khan further explained.
"Jab Tak Hai Jaan", is a love story directed by Yash Chopra. The film is slated for a Diwali release on Nov 13. The film also stars Anushka Sharma in the lead role.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Vevo Record Still Holds, One Direction’s ‘Story of My Life’ Didn't Conquer the Record
- Spread of Deadly MERS Virus Outside Saudi Arabia Alarming – WHO
- Chelsea FC News: Blues Starting Defender and Goalkeeper Ruled Out of Return Leg Against Atletico Madrid
- Australian Stock Market Report – Afternoon 4/24/14
- ‘Suits’ Season 4: ‘Not Outrageous’ Spoilers from Aaron Krosh
- Khloe Kardashian Pregnant with French Montana’s Baby: Will the Rapper be a Good Dad?