Mysskin's ‘Mugamoodi’ Trumps Over Critics Review, Collects ₹100 Million
Tamil film director Mysskin's magnum opus "Mugamoodi" is doing good business across South India while bringing in a breath of fresh air for the producers, who might have been apprehensive about the commercial success of the film, following the not-so-good reviews by the film critics.
"Mugamoodi" has collected about RS 100 million in its first weekend, says the latest reports. The movie is believed to have made with the budget of Rs 200 million and thus ensuring the recovery of a profit to the film producers in the following weekends.
The film was released on August 31 to packed houses across Tamil Nadu, mainly in Chennai and Coimbatore. However, in other places, the movie was said to have registered a thin collection on its opening day.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Mugamoodi", which is supposedly the first Tamil super-hero movie, failed to impress most of the film critics, as it garnered the mixed reviews, though all appreciated the film maker's one-of-its-kind attempt in the film.
Despite all the odds, the film is claimed to be doing a good business at the box office window. "The film has been made on a budget of Rs.20 crore inclusive of all miscellaneous expenses and it is estimated to rake in Rs.10 crore by weekend at the box-office," a UTV Motion Pictures source told IANS.
The film reviews seems to have had its little impact on the movie's business. However, at the end of the day it is not the critics but the box office collection of a movie that decides the future of the creative minds involved in the film.
Jiiva, Pooja Hegde, Narain, Girish Karnad and Nassar play pivotal roles in movie, produced by UTV Motion Pictures. The scores were done by Krishnakumar, well-known as K.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- US Firm on Prosecuting Devyani Khobragade
- Confusion between Morgan Freeman and Nelson Mandela Turns Embarrassing [Photos]
- South Africa vs India 1st Test, Day 3 Score: Zaheer, Ishant Bowl Out Tail as Batsmen Bulge Lead
- Nokia Lumia 1320, Lumia 525 to Hit Stores in India Next Month: Report
- Little India Riot: 52 Indians Deported to Make Singapore ‘Safe’
- ‘Dhoom 3’: Aamir Khan Refutes Rumours of Hike in Ticket Price
- Morgan Freeman Mistaken for Mandela; Embarrassing Billboard Image Goes Viral
- 2nd ODI Preview: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Free Live Streaming Information
- Vodafone Gets $604 Million Tax demand from Indian Authorities
- U.S. Diplomats, but not Prosecutors, Seek to Quell Khobragade Dispute