Mysskin's ‘Mugamoodi’ Trumps Over Critics Review, Collects ₹100 Million
Tamil film director Mysskin's magnum opus "Mugamoodi" is doing good business across South India while bringing in a breath of fresh air for the producers, who might have been apprehensive about the commercial success of the film, following the not-so-good reviews by the film critics.
"Mugamoodi" has collected about RS 100 million in its first weekend, says the latest reports. The movie is believed to have made with the budget of Rs 200 million and thus ensuring the recovery of a profit to the film producers in the following weekends.
The film was released on August 31 to packed houses across Tamil Nadu, mainly in Chennai and Coimbatore. However, in other places, the movie was said to have registered a thin collection on its opening day.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"Mugamoodi", which is supposedly the first Tamil super-hero movie, failed to impress most of the film critics, as it garnered the mixed reviews, though all appreciated the film maker's one-of-its-kind attempt in the film.
Despite all the odds, the film is claimed to be doing a good business at the box office window. "The film has been made on a budget of Rs.20 crore inclusive of all miscellaneous expenses and it is estimated to rake in Rs.10 crore by weekend at the box-office," a UTV Motion Pictures source told IANS.
The film reviews seems to have had its little impact on the movie's business. However, at the end of the day it is not the critics but the box office collection of a movie that decides the future of the creative minds involved in the film.
Jiiva, Pooja Hegde, Narain, Girish Karnad and Nassar play pivotal roles in movie, produced by UTV Motion Pictures. The scores were done by Krishnakumar, well-known as K.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Jaya, Maya, Mamata to Play key Role in New Government Formation
- India Set to Challenge U.S. for Election-spending Record
- Top High-End Tablet PCs Available in the Indian Market
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Trailer, Audio Released
- Lok Sabha Election 2014: Congress Releases First List of 194 Candidates
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: South Africa vs Australia Live Streaming Information
- Satyamev Jayate 2: Aamir Khan Questions the State of Police System in the Country
- 1st T20 Where to Watch Live: West Indies vs England Live Streaming Information
- Box Office: 'Queen', 'Gulaab Gang' and 'Total Siyapaa' Day 1 Collections
- Nokia X Android Smartphone to Launch in India on 10 March: Report