Siri was Better Before Apple Bought it, says Apple Co-founder
Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak says Siri, the much talked about iOS 5 voice recognition feature which came with iPhone 4S, was better before Apple bought it.
Siri was introduced as an iOS application in the App Store by Siri, Inc, which was acquired by the Cupertino tech giant in 2010.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Talking to TimesUnion, Wozniak said that Siri was capable of delivering a better performance before Apple bought it as it was more intelligent than present Siri on iPhone 4S. Siri would know when you ask it for the five biggest lakes in California or for prime numbers greater than 87, according to Wozniak.
However Siri is expected to get more intelligent in iOS 6. Now users would get new types of answers about sports, movies and more information on restaurants. And many more features are expected to be added in iOS 6, which is still in beta stage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple, Google Agree to Pay over $300 Million to Settle Conspiracy Lawsuit
- NBA Playoffs Preview: Game 3 – Los Angeles Clippers vs. Golden State Warriors Live Streaming
- NOAA Finds Lost Shipwreck in the San Francisco Bay after More than 125 Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Update: iPhone 6 to Feature WiFi Indoor Navigation and 3D Positioning
- Google Nexus 6 Could Come With 64-Bit SoC from MediaTek but Release Date Must Wait Until December 2014 – Reports
- Apple Inc. Surprises Investors and Analysts with $45.6B Revenue Due to Strong iPhone Sales in Q2 2014