IIFA 2012: Ranbir Kapoor, Vidya Balan Win Best Actor Awards [Complete List of Winners]
It was raining awards at the 13th International Indian Film Academy Awards held in Singapore during the weekend, with a swarm of Bollywood A-listers snagging the much coveted trophies at the star studded function.
Dominating the award-spangled scene was 2011's major blockbuster movie 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara', which snagged the trophy for Best Film and the film's director Zoya Akhtar was bestowed with the esteemed Best Director title. The film practically bagged five trophies in the technical awards category.
"[I] wanted to be a writer even before becoming a filmmaker, so this award is special to me," said Zoya Akhtar on receiving her award.
As expected, actors Ranbir Kapoor and Vidya Balan have once again proved their talent and were conferred with the Best Actor awards for their intoxicating roles in Rockstar and The Dirty Picture respectively.
Newcomer Parineeti Chopra who was catapulted to the A-list league, after her successful debut in Ladies Vs Ricky Bahl, won the Best Debut (Female) and the Best Supporting Actor titles.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
On the music front, Oscar-winner A.R. Rahman seized an award for Best Music Direction for his melodramatic composition for 'Rockstar', while Shreya Ghoshal was accorded the Best Playback Singer award for her song Teri Meri' from the film 'Bodyguard'.
The film industry also paid heartwarming tributes to long timers Ramesh Sippy and Rekha and bestowed them each with the Outstanding Achievement awards. Putting aside her emotions, Rekha also shook a leg with Priyanka Chopra who paid a tribute to the veteran actress by dancing to an array of her popular numbers on stage.
Not to be left out are the mind-blowing performances brought to effect by scores of the most bankable stars, with the likes of Sonakshi Sinha, Neha Duphia and dream Jodi Shahid Kapoor- Priyanka Chopra who kick-started the night with their expressive dance for their song 'Uff' from 'Teri Meri Kahaani'.
Meanwhile, the event organised by Wizcraft International Entertainment had a dose of glamour injected, with several world-renowned designers, including Varun Bahl, Masaba Gupta and Suneet Verma, showing their sensational collections on Friday night.
Bipasha Basu, Nargis Fakhri, Vivek Oberoi, Shazahn Padamsee and new comer Aditi Rao Hydari were amongst the showstoppers on the ramp.
Check out the complete list of winners.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Virat Kohli’s Swayamvar: Cricketer Chooses Anushka Sharma as Bride
- ‘2 States’ Reviews Roundup: Complete Entertainer
- Pawan Kalyan, Chiranjeevi, Nagma among Most Searched Celebrity Candidates
- Vijay-Mohanlal's 'Jilla' Set to Complete 100-Day Theatrical Run
- IIFA Awards 2014: Bollywood Flash Mob Brings Busy NY Times Square to Halt [VIDEO]
- Kollywood: Vijay's 'Kaththi' First Look in May? 'Vai Raja Vai' Teaser Release, Other News
- MTV 'Splitsvilla' Season 7: ‘Ragini MMS 2’ Star Sunny Leone to Replace Sherlyn Chopra as Show Host
- IPL 2014 Opening Ceremony: Shah Rukh Khan Lights Up the Stage in UAE [Photos, Videos]
- Aamir Khan's ‘P.K.’ to Release on 19 December; Will it be a Blockbuster Hit like ‘Dhoom 3’?
- IPL 2014: Shah Rukh Khan’s Youngest Son AbRam to Accompany Family to Abu Dhabi?