IIFA 2012: Rowdy Rathore's Sonakshi Sinha To Perform 'Munni Badnaam Hui'
Sonakshi Sinha, heroine of "Rowdy Rathore", is all set to perform for the first time at the 13th International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards ceremony to be held in Singapore from June 7.
Fresh from performing a peppy song "Chikini Kamar" for "Rowdy Rathore," Sonakshi will once again gyrate to another item song at the IIFA awards. The actress will dance to the tunes of the smash-hit song "Munni Badnaam Hui" from her debut film "Dabangg".
It will be a complete makeover for Sonakshi who has been seen playing conventional roles in her first two films, including her debut film, "Dabangg". Sonakshi was seen playing a small town girl in "Dabangg" alongside Salman Khan. She again maintained the same image in her lastets movie with Akshay, in which she played the role of a Patna girl. Both films have proved big at the big office.
Although Sonakshi's performance in "Rowdy Rathore" has been criticised, the movie went all out to rock the box office. The movie had a huge opening last Friday, with a whopping collection of Rs 152.5 million, and is till going strong.
The film has racked up Rs 480 million across the country in the first three days, wedging it into a big league as far as the collections are concerned. The box office analysts consider it among the strongest openings of the year. This film is all set to join 1 billion club soon.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Sonakshi has now joined the league of big heroines with two back-to-back hits. Her upcoming projects are with A-list stars including Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Ajay Devgn.
Sonakshi, who is reportedly willing to continue with her conventional image, also has the pressure to remain as an A-list heroine. With other leading Bollywood ladies willing to cash in on good "masala" item songs, Sonakshi cannot stay away from glamourous item songs for long to remain in the big league. She once told reporters that she is open to item numbers.
The actress may use this opportunity at IIFA to transform her image that could help her in the future.
The IIFA film awards will be a star-studded affair with all industry bigwigs attending the event. Apart from Sonakshi, Bollywood stars including Shahid Kapoor, Ranbir Kapoor, Priyanka Chopra and Bipasha Basu will perform at the awards ceremony. Choreographer and "Rowdy Rathore's" director Prabhu Deva will be choreographing the songs for the awards function.
The IIFA ceremony will begin from June 7 till June 9 in Lion city, Singapore. Singapore will host the IIFA awards for the second time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- Priyanka Chopra Beats Deepika, Vidya for Politician’s role in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Film
- International Women’s Day: From Mira Nair to Farah Khan, Women Directors in the Industry
- Shah Rukh Khan Fails to do Rajinikanth and Jean-Claude Van Damme’s ‘Epic Split’ [VIDEOS]
- International Women's Day: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan Beats Vidya Balan, Sonia Gandhi to Top Google’s Most Searched List
- Amitabh Bachchan Turns Rapper With Honey Singh for ‘Bhoothnath Returns’ [PHOTOS]
- ‘Total Siyapaa’ Review Roundup: Avoid it!
- ‘Gulaab Gang’ Review Roundup: Too Many Songs Spoil the Film
- ‘Koffee with Karan’: Is Shah Rukh Khan Acting Cold Towards Karan Johar?
- Rajinikanth's 'Kochadaiiyaan' Audio Launch: Shah Rukh Khan to Grace Grand Event