Samsung Galaxy S3 Allowing Global Roaming to Verizon Users?
If the latest news is anything to go by, Verizon Wireless users will soon be able to talk to people around the world on Samsung Galaxy S3 smartphone.
The news is doing the rounds that Verizon will offer a software update with its version of Samsung Galaxy S3 to allow its users to have conversations around the world. However, the release date for Verizon's Galaxy S3 is not known.
"Verizon Wireless confirmed to Phone Scoop in an email that its variant of the Samsung Galaxy S III will eventually be able to roam onto the 2G/3G networks of overseas network operators. The capability won't be available at launch, but will be enabled down the line through a software update. Verizon didn't say when that update might become available," reported Phone Scoop.
Samsung's flagship Android next generation smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S3 was released in India on May 31 following its grand release in Europe. The latest offering from the South Korean electronics giant will come in three variants but only 16 GB will be available in India at present and could expect 32 GB in the coming days.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Samsung Galaxy S3 has a price tag of Rs 43, 180 in India compared to iPhone 4S 16GB variant that costs about Rs 44, 450. However, sources said that price of Galaxy S3 would drop to as low as Rs. 36,900 in the future.
In the mean time, the online shopping stores that deal with gadgets have put up the Galaxy S3 on their websites for sale at a better price. Some sites sell Galaxy S3 as low as Rs 38, 500.
Samsung Galaxy S3 sports a super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, 720 x 1280 pixels, 4.8 inches (306 ppi pixel density), multitouch, Corning Gorilla Glass 2 and TouchWiz UI v4.0.
Measuring 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm and weighing 133 grams, the device features Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, 4G LTE connectivity, 2GB of RAM, a dual-core Snapdragon S4 processor Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 CPU, Mail-400MP GPU.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Apple’s iPhone 6 Will Kill Android Smartphones: iPhone 6 Will be a “Chick Magnet”
- Android v4.4.2 KitKat Update Slated for Samsung Galaxy Note 2, S3 Variants Leaked; Firmware Tipped to Roll Out in May
- Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.4 KitKat Guide: April and May Release, When to Hit Your Region
- iPhone 6 Release Date: Late Launch of Bigger Model Hinted; Smaller Battery Cause for Delay
- OnePlus One Phablet with CyanogenMod 11S Android KitKat OS, 3GB RAM Unveiled; Price, Availability Details