Mumbai MHADA 2012 Lottery Results Out; Over 11K Application Forms Rejected
In a bizarre first of its kind move, the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) has rejected 11,179 application forms for 2,593 flats which are supposed to be sold today by lottery.
The list of the application numbers of lucky Mhada flat winners, selected by computer, are being put out in front of the office. The results would be made available on their official website http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/.
In addition to the cost of house, the lucky flat winners will also have to pay 3.09% as VAT and 1% as service tax.
Out of the 2,593 flats, 1,726 flats are located in Mira Road while in Mumbai 867 flats are located in Sion, Borivli, Kurla and Charkop area. This year, a total number of 1, 52,045 people applied for the Mhada flats for the lower income group (LIG), middle income group (MIG) and higher income group (HIG). But 11,179 application forms were rejected this year. For the first Mhada has rejected such a huge number of application forms.
According to The Times of India, the huge decision was taken after a major scam was unearthed by an inquiry committee alleging that 425 winners had put forward concocted documents related to bank account numbers and addresses last year. The inquiry has also found out that around 30 applicants had bogusly applied for the lottery more than once since 2006.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
However, this was inevitable as the forms are filled online and leaves no place for additional scrutiny and many applicants fill the forms repeatedly year after year, and according to Mhada act, the board is supposed to cross check the documents before including them in the lottery.
"To avoid a repeat of 2011, we insisted that every applicant submits address proof and Permanent Account Number this time," TOI reported quoting a Mhada spokesperson.
Mhada is also expected to file an FIR against the applicants who have submitted concocted documents related to bank account numbers and addresses and also against the brokers who are involved in the scam.
The lottery was conducted by MHADA at its Bandra office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Mercedes Benz Cars to go Pricier by up to 10% from January
- Ashes 2nd Test, Day 2 Overview: Australia vs England Day 3 Live Streaming Information
- 1st Test, Day Five Preview: New Zealand vs West Indies Live Streaming Information
- Samsung Chromebook with 1.7GHz Dual-Core CPU Now Available in India for ₹26,990
- Miss Earth 2013 Finale: Where to Watch Live Online
- Box Office Collection: 'Ram-leela' Better than New Releases; 'Krrish 3' Completes 5th Week in India
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Metal and Plastic Versions in Development
- Mahindra Recalls 900 Units of Scorpio EX Over Faulty Pressure Regulating Valve
- Micromax Canvas Turbo vs. Karbonn Titanium X: Specification Comparison
- ‘True Gandhian’ and Bharat Ratna Awardee Nelson Mandela Remembered
Andhra Bifurcation: Violent Protests, Transport Paralysed by Bandh Against Rayala-Telangana Proposal