Mumbai MHADA 2012 Lottery Results Out; Over 11K Application Forms Rejected
In a bizarre first of its kind move, the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA) has rejected 11,179 application forms for 2,593 flats which are supposed to be sold today by lottery.
The list of the application numbers of lucky Mhada flat winners, selected by computer, are being put out in front of the office. The results would be made available on their official website http://mhada.maharashtra.gov.in/.
In addition to the cost of house, the lucky flat winners will also have to pay 3.09% as VAT and 1% as service tax.
Out of the 2,593 flats, 1,726 flats are located in Mira Road while in Mumbai 867 flats are located in Sion, Borivli, Kurla and Charkop area. This year, a total number of 1, 52,045 people applied for the Mhada flats for the lower income group (LIG), middle income group (MIG) and higher income group (HIG). But 11,179 application forms were rejected this year. For the first Mhada has rejected such a huge number of application forms.
According to The Times of India, the huge decision was taken after a major scam was unearthed by an inquiry committee alleging that 425 winners had put forward concocted documents related to bank account numbers and addresses last year. The inquiry has also found out that around 30 applicants had bogusly applied for the lottery more than once since 2006.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
However, this was inevitable as the forms are filled online and leaves no place for additional scrutiny and many applicants fill the forms repeatedly year after year, and according to Mhada act, the board is supposed to cross check the documents before including them in the lottery.
"To avoid a repeat of 2011, we insisted that every applicant submits address proof and Permanent Account Number this time," TOI reported quoting a Mhada spokesperson.
Mhada is also expected to file an FIR against the applicants who have submitted concocted documents related to bank account numbers and addresses and also against the brokers who are involved in the scam.
The lottery was conducted by MHADA at its Bandra office.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Box Office Collection: ‘Gulaab Gang’, ‘Queen’ and ‘Total Siyapaa’ Open on Dull Note
- Sidharth Malhotra Dating Virat Kohli’s Ex? [PHOTO]
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- New Fiat Punto Facelift Caught Testing Again; India Launch Soon
- Maruti Suzuki to Launch Alto K10 AMT by 2014 End: Report
- Bajaj Discover 125 Launched in India; Price, Features Details
- Six Nations Where to Watch Live: Ireland vs Italy Live Streaming Information
- International Women’s Day: From Mira Nair to Farah Khan, Women Directors in the Industry
- English Premier League Preview: Chelsea vs Tottenham Live Streaming Information
- English Premier League Preview: West Brom vs Manchester United Live Streaming Information