RIM To Launch 15 BlackBerry Premium Stores In India
Research in Motion (RIM) has reportedly set its eyes on India and other growing Asian markets.
Capitalizing on their success in the rest of the world, RIM opened a flagship store in Dubai in April and is planning to launch several stores in India, Sunil Dutt, managing director of RIM India, has said.
"We will be launching almost 10 to 15 BlackBerry premium stores by the end of the year covering all the top metros including Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Bangalore", he said.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
"These stores will offer holistic consumer experience on BlackBerry consumer and enterprise services," he said.
The stores will feature special areas which will showcase both consumer and enterprise applications, complete with live demos.
In fact, last week, RIM India opened its second store in Gurgaon and is planning to take a firm hold in Indian market by opening up several premium stores.
Moreover, RIM has over 5,000 retail points of presence across the country. RIM has already opened up its own shops in Indonesia and Thailand, as BlackBerry phones continue to reign with high demand.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Government to Set up Inflation Target, RBI to Implement - Chidambaram
- iPhone 6 Release Date Nears as iPhone 5S Price Tag Down to $119 at Walmart & $150 at Best Buy
- Reliance Globalcom no Longer for Sale, CEO Says
- ‘Burqa Man’ Who Killed Wife for Using Internet Gets 17 Years with No Parole
- Rafter and Hewitt Confirms Joining Williams in the International Premier Tennis League