Aamir Khan Attends Wedding of Auto Driver Friend's Son
Actor Aamir Khan, who is popularly known as "Perfectionist", became a man of his word by attending a wedding of an auto-rickshaw driver's son at Chandauli near Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh.
Dressed in blue denim and white shirt, Aamir reached the marriage venue at around 10.30 pm. He hugged his friend and felicitated the newlyweds Rajiv and his bride, Vijayta.
It was in 2009 Aamir promised his friend Ram Lakhan Paswan that he will attend his son's marriage in 2012. It's also reported that Aamir met the auto driver during the promotion of his blockbuster film "3 Idiots".
Narrating the story of their first meeting, Aamir told reporters "I met Ram Lakhan during the promotion of "3 Idiots"."
The story of Aamir and Ram Lakhan didn't end there. After the actor returned to Mumbai, he send two air tickets and a golden ring for his friend who helped him search the actor's maternal grandmother in Varanasi. The 47-year-old actor even invited him for the premiere of his film "3 Idiots" in December 2009.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to media reports, Ram Lakhan visited Aamir's residence in Mumbai on April 14 to hand him an invitation to his son Rajiv's wedding and the actor promised to attend.
"He came to my house to invite me for the wedding one year ago. I wish the bride and groom the very best. Especially the bride, who may find happiness," IBNS quoted Aamir as saying.
Interestingly, Aamir is set to make his TV debut show with "Satyamav Jayate", a serial based on the live of common men.
However, Aamir quipped, "This is the wedding of my friend Ramlakhan Paswan's son. I have not come here to promote any upcoming serial or movie. I am here to attend the ceremony."
(With Inputs from IBNS)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Salman Khan Lauds Pulkit Samrat, Compares to Aamir Khan
- Box Office Collection: ‘300: Rise of an Empire’ Dominates Over Hindi Releases; ‘Shaadi Ke Side Effects’ Falls
- Busy Priyanka Chopra Keeps Madhur Bhandarkar's 'Madamji' in Waiting
- Salman Khan to Ditch his Bachelor Status Finally?
- Breakup with Ranbir Kapoor Made Me Better Person: Deepika Padukone
- Juhi Chawla's Brother Bobby Passes Away in Coma
- Kareena Kapoor Likely to Star Opposite Pakistani Actor Fawad Khan in YRF's Next Film
- International Women’s Day: 8 South Indian Women who Have Made It Big in Bollywood
- Priyanka Chopra Beats Deepika, Vidya for Politician’s role in Madhur Bhandarkar’s Film
- International Women’s Day: From Mira Nair to Farah Khan, Women Directors in the Industry