Manmohan-Zardari Meeting ‘Fruitful’; PM Raises Saeed Issue
During the hourlong session, Manmohan asked Zardari to take proactive steps against terrorism emanating from Pakistan.
India has borne the brunt of the terrorism harboured by Pakistan a number of times. Manmohan told Zardari that it was imperative to bring the perpetrators of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack to justice and prevent anti-India activities emanating from Pakistan.
The prime minister said action should be taken against Laskkar-e-Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed, who allegedly masterminded the Mumbai terror attack. Pakistan has been allegedly protecting Saeed despite several requests from India to hand him over
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Commenting on Saeed, Zardari said that the matter needed to be discussed further between the two governments. He showed no possibilities of Pakistan acting against the wanted LeT chief.
"The leaders discussed the problem of terrorism, which is a major issue by which the Indian people will judge progress in bilateral relationship," Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai told reporters in New Delhi.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Isuzu’s Locally Assembled MU-7 SUV Unveiled in India
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to Inaugurate Jewellery Stores in Dubai
- India: Newly-wed Woman Accuses Husband of Sexual Excess
- Missing American in Iran, Robert Levinson was a CIA Agent on Unapproved Mission: Report
- Abdul Kader Mullah: Hanged Islamist Buried as Violence Kills 4 in Bangladesh
- 2nd T20 Preview: Pakistan vs Sri Lanka Free Live Streaming Information
North Korea Executes Kim Jong-un's Uncle Chang Song-thaek, Another Example of North’s ‘Brutality’ Says US