Facebook To Be Available In Regional Languages
The 'Facebook for every phone' application is now available in Hindi, Malay and Vietnamese. Very soon this application will be available in many regional languages like Gujarati, Tamil, Malayalam, Kannada, Punjabi, Bengali and Marathi.
Facebook's latest move will indeed bring in more users in India. This would help millions of enthusiastic regional users to jump into the social networking site's since language would no longer be an obstacle.
In a statement, Facebook's country growth manager Kevin D'Souza said: "With over 50 million people in India on Facebook, we want to make sure that everyone has a great Facebook mobile experience regardless of the device that they choose to use."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Reports suggest that this year the mobile traffic was likely to overtake web traffic. This would mean that majority of internet users would seek access to the cyberspace through their mobile devices.
Since 2011, Facebook application developers have been concentrating on exploiting all possibilities of Java technology so it fends off device barriers.
Facebook can be now access through as many as 3600 Java-enabled handsets by its 'Facebook for every phone' application.
India is the second largest market for Facebook after the United States. Making Facebook more vernacular would surely expedite the growth of the website in India.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch Free IPL 7 Match 2: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore Live Streaming Information
- IPL-Twitter Partnership Set to Enhance On Air, On Ground and Online Experience for Fans
- Katrina Kaif Acting Cold towards Hrithik Roshan on 'Bang Bang' Sets?
- 'Tenaliraman': Will Comedian Vadivelu's Film Strike Gold at Box Office?
- ‘2 States’ Reviews Roundup: Complete Entertainer
- Grey’s Anatomy Season 10 Spoilers: Cristina Dies as she Prepares to Move to Europe?