Samsung Posts Record Quarterly Profit; Smartphones, Galaxy Note Phablet Boost Sales
Helped by sales of its smartphones and the Galaxy Note 'phablet', Samsung Electronics posted record quarterly profit of $5.15 billion. More than 5 million units of 'phablet' have been sold since its launch in October last year.
"Higher-than-expected shipments of the Galaxy Note seem to have given an upside to earnings," Reuters quoted Lee Ka-keun, an analyst at Hana Daetoo Securities, as saying. "Note sales will increase further in the second quarter, and handset profit will grow despite a rise in marketing costs related to the London Olympics."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Following the stupendous success of the Note, which is part phone and part tablet, experts are of the opinion that people are open for change.
"We're seeing a shift in the marketplace and there's room for diversity," says Shivesh Vishwanathan, senior solutions architect at Persistent Systems.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- 7 Things to Know about 'Divergent' Star and Shailene Woodley's Rumored Boyfriend Theo James
- Robert Pattinson Dating Rita Ora?
- MTV Roadies Host Rannvijay Singha Marries Girlfriend Priyanka in Dubai [PHOTOS & VIDEO]
- 3 Solid Reasons Why iPhone 6 Release Date is September 2014
- Apple iPad Mini 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (10.1) - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 - Specs And Price Comparison in Australia