Samsung Posts Record Quarterly Profit; Smartphones, Galaxy Note Phablet Boost Sales
Helped by sales of its smartphones and the Galaxy Note 'phablet', Samsung Electronics posted record quarterly profit of $5.15 billion. More than 5 million units of 'phablet' have been sold since its launch in October last year.
"Higher-than-expected shipments of the Galaxy Note seem to have given an upside to earnings," Reuters quoted Lee Ka-keun, an analyst at Hana Daetoo Securities, as saying. "Note sales will increase further in the second quarter, and handset profit will grow despite a rise in marketing costs related to the London Olympics."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
Following the stupendous success of the Note, which is part phone and part tablet, experts are of the opinion that people are open for change.
"We're seeing a shift in the marketplace and there's room for diversity," says Shivesh Vishwanathan, senior solutions architect at Persistent Systems.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Kannada Actor Diganth to Work in Yograj Bhat's Next
- Kate Middleton and Prince William Hire Spanish Nanny for Prince George While They Honeymoon in Maldives
- Royal Engagement Coming Up For Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas?
- Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date in Q3 with Android 5.0 and Intel’s 64-Bit CPU?
- Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 vs. Galaxy Note 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Release Hurdle: Ban May Hinder Device from Breaking Galaxy S4 Sales Record