Russian Passenger Plane Crashes, Kills 31
A Russian passenger plane with 43 onboard crashed in Siberia on Monday shortly after taking off. Immediate death toll reported was 31 and 12 of the survivors were rushed to the hospitals.
The reasons behind the UTair airlines ATR 72 mishap were not clear. "There are no explanations yet," Yuri Alekhin, head of the regional branch of the Emergencies Ministry, told Russian television from the scene of the crash.
He said the "black box" flight recorder had been found and added: "Contact was lost with the plane just over three minutes after take-off."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to the reports, at least five of 12 passengers who were airlifted to hospitals from the ill-fated crashed aircraft were in critical condition.
(With inputs from Reuters)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- WhatsApp User-base Breaches Record 500 Million Mark; Indians Form the Biggest Chunk
- Doomsday Asteroids: 26 Multi-Kilotons Explosions on Earth Detected; Will the Next Asteroid Impact be Earth’s Doomsday?
- Ukraine President Calls for New Anti-rebel Offensive as Crisis Deal Falters
- U.S. And Russia on Ukraine's Crisis: Pro-Russian Group in Ukraine's Borders Not Enforced by Russian Gov't?
- Crimea Prosecutor Natalia Poklonskaya 'Oblivious' of Her Own Looks And Performs Duty Undistracted
- SHOCKER: Russian Politician Orders Aides to ‘Violently Rape’ Pregnant Journalist in Front of Camera [VIDEO]
- Nokia Lumia 2520 to Pose Electric Shock Risk, Sale Suspended in Europe
- Iran's Nuclear Deal Faces Slight Tension: Iran Minister Holds Back in Negotiations
- Nikkei Edges up; Caution over Earnings, Ukraine Caps Gains
- Ukraine Peace Deal Falters as Rebels Show no Sign of Surrender