Russian Passenger Plane Crashes, Kills 31
A Russian passenger plane with 43 onboard crashed in Siberia on Monday shortly after taking off. Immediate death toll reported was 31 and 12 of the survivors were rushed to the hospitals.
The reasons behind the UTair airlines ATR 72 mishap were not clear. "There are no explanations yet," Yuri Alekhin, head of the regional branch of the Emergencies Ministry, told Russian television from the scene of the crash.
He said the "black box" flight recorder had been found and added: "Contact was lost with the plane just over three minutes after take-off."
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
According to the reports, at least five of 12 passengers who were airlifted to hospitals from the ill-fated crashed aircraft were in critical condition.
(With inputs from Reuters)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Ukrainian Protesters Topple Lenin Statue in Kiev [VIDEO]
- One Million Demonstrators Expected in Kiev as Pro-EU Protests Escalate
- India Not Keen on US-Style Gulf Security Role: Khurshid
- Global Oil Futures Jump after Strong US Data Fuels Hopes of Higher Oil Demand
- Miss Earth 2013: A Final Look Before the Coronation
- Edward Snowden Set to Appear at EU Parliament
- FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw: Brazil Kickoff Against Croatia, European Heavyweights Drawn in Difficult Groups
- Corruption: The World's Top 10 Best And Worst Countries
- FIFA World Cup 2014 Draw: Where to Watch Live, Preview, Pots and Seeds
- FIFA 2014 World Cup Draw Live Streaming Information: Where to Watch Live Epic Event in Brazil
Madhya Pradesh Election Result: BJP's Shivraj Singh Chouhan to Continue as CM, Jyotiraditya Scindia Upset