India's Food Price Index Highest in 9 Months
India is still dogged by inflation. The data released by the government showed that the country's food price index rose to 12.21 percent, its highest in 9 months. Food inflation last week was 11.43 percent.
The government data showed that vegetables are 28.89% costlier on a year-on-year. Pulses are costlier by 11.65%, fruits by 11.63%, milk by 11.73%, non-veg items by 13.36% and cereal by 4.13%. However, onion is cheaper by 20.33% and wheat by 1.54%. On the whole, primary articles price index was up by 12.08 percent, compared to annual rise of 11.75 percent a week earlier.
- FOLLOW US
- Follow @ibtimesindia
The data showed that fuel price index fell to 14.50 percent in the week ended October 22 from 14.70% in the previous week. Fuel price index in the comparable week of the previous year was at 10.67%.
It may be recalled that the Reserve Bank of India raised the interest rates last month for the 13th time, expecting that high inflation will start easing from December onwards.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
- Watch IPL 2014 Match 10: Rajasthan Royals vs Chennai Super Kings Live Streaming Information
- Fans Voted Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Salman Khan and Katrina Kaif as Veronica, Archie and Betty
- Lok Sabha Elections 2014: Kejriwal Files Nomination from Varanasi, Accuses Congress, BJP of Spending Black Money on Campaigning
- OnePlus One Phablet with CyanogenMod 11S Android KitKat OS, 3GB RAM Unveiled; Price, Availability Details
- Supreme Court Asks Govt to Reveal List of Indian Account Holders in German Bank
- Suzuki Let’s Bookings Open in India; Price, Launch Details
- Motorola Moto X Walnut Wood Panel Variant Now Available in India; Price and Specification Details
- Kollywood News: Vijay-Amala Paul Wedding; 'Vijay 58' Update; 'Ai' Audio Release
- IIFA Awards 2014: Hollywood Star John Travolta to Join Bollywood Celebs in Tampa Bay
- What is ANZAC Day: Meaning, History Fast Facts And Major Events