Anne Hathaway celebrates her 33rd birthday on Thursday, 12 November, 2015. This American actress started her career with the TV series "Get Real", and there has been no looking back for her ever since.
Anne, best known for her performances in "The Princess Diaries" and "The Devil Wears Prada", has become one of the most versatile actresses in Hollywood. Forget rom-coms, the actress is quite popular even in the comic book fan fraternity for playing Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises".
There's no doubt Anne has proved to be one of the most talented actresses in Hollywood, but it's safe to say she has even evolved as one of the most stylish people in the industry. On her 33rd birthday, we look back when Anne was at her stylish best.
CLICK HERE to view photos of Anne Hathaway's best-dressed moments.
On her birthday we decided to also compile a list of some of the most interesting facts about the "Princess Diaries" actress.
- The actress' parents named her after William Shakespeare's wife: Anne Hathaway.
- If not an actress, Anne would have become either an English teacher or a psychologist.
- Hathaway is interested in US politics, particularly the country's history, as told by immigrants.
- While swimming off the coast of Oahu, Hawaii, in 2014, she was swept away by a wave. But fortunately, she was saved by a nearby surfer.
- She became the first and only teenager to be accepted into the Barrow Group, a theatre company and acting school in New York City.
- Anne was raised Catholic, but left the church after her brother came out as gay.
- Hathaway is the youngest person to have hosted the Academy Awards. She co-hosted in 2011 alongside James Franco when she was 27 years old.
- Anne is a talented soprano singer and had the opportunity to show off her singing skills in "Les Miserables".
- Hathaway's favorite novel is Ayn Rand's "The Fountainhead".
- During the audition for "The Princess Diaries" for the role of the klutzy princess, Hathaway accidentally fell off of her chair, and she was hired on the spot.
- Hathaway is lactose intolerant.
- She was sued for not paying her share of the rent at a house she stayed in while visiting the Bahamas in May 2005, but insisted she was merely an invited guest at the house.
- Anne bagged for the role of of Andie Sachs in "The Devil Wears Prada" after actress Rachel McAdams declined it.
- Some of her favourite movies are "Elizabeth", "Stand by Me", "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain", "Pretty Woman" and "City of God".
There no better way to celebrate this beauty's birthday than to watch some of her most amazing films. Here's the list of Anne Hathaway's best movies.
1) Les Miserables
2) The Dark Knight Rises
3) The Devil Wears Prada
4) The Princess Diaries
5) Alice in Wonderland
6) The Intern
8) Ella Enchanted