Google's operating system Android 6.0 Marshmallow update, which was released last year, has been finally rolled out to Sprint variant of the HTC One (E8) aka Ace. The firmware update comes months after HTC's flagship smartphones received it.
Sprint has started seeding Android 6.0 Marshmallow update to HTC One (E8) devices, taking the software to version 3.10.651.6, according to SprintCommunity. It went on to say that the upgrade will come with latest security update. Phased roll-out of the update starts on Aug. 17 and will be completed by Aug. 29.
It was earlier reported that Android 6.0 Marshmallow update had been rolled out to HTC One (E8) devices in China.
The HTC One (E8) runs Android 4.4.2 KitKat based Sense v6.0 UI operating system, sports a 5.0-inch full HD Super LCD 3 screen with 1,920x1,080 resolution, powered by a 2.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core series CPU and comes packed with a 16GB internal storage (with microSD card slot) and 2GB RAM. It also features a 13MP main camera, a 5MP front-snapper, and a 2,600mAh battery.
How to install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on Sprint's HTC One (E8):
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow download notification will appear on your phone screen
- Press "Download" button
- Press "Restart & Install" button
- Rebooting will begin automatically
- You will see "Installing System Update" notice when installation starts
- Upgrading begins automatically
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow will run on your device after upgrading is done
You can also manually check availability of the new software by going to â€“ 'Settings' >> 'About phone' >> 'System updates' >> 'Check For Update'.