Aiming at updating all Nexus devices to the latest Android version, Google has started rolling out Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update for the Nexus gadgets. Google posted the OTA update links for three Nexus 4, Nexus 5, and Nexus 9 on Thursday.
The latest version features a slew of bug fixes and other noticeable problems, including memory leaks. The update is also meant for improving the battery life and it may enhance the security features of Android OS.
You can download the 5.1.1 Lollipop over-the-air update links straight from Google's server and update the smartphone via ADB sideloading. Here are the links-
· Backup all vital data on your Nexus device.
· Make sure that your Nexus Smartphone has above 80 percent battery charge.
Download the Required file from the below given links:
How to Install
- Once the aforementioned files get downloaded on your system, connect your smartphone to computer through USB cable.
- Copy the downloaded file to your smartphones root storage folder.
- Switch off the device, press and hold the volume up and power button together to start it in Recovery mode.
- Navigate to Apply update from ADB and select the file you have just copied when asked.
- For installing the OTA update, navigate to the downloaded zip folder.
- Hold the Shift key and right click on any empty area of the folder. Click open command window from here.
- Once the command window appears, write adb sideload . Write down the entire name along with the .Zip extension.
- You'll see a prompt written, Install from ADB Complete, once finished. Reboot your smartphone.