The Western Railway has rescheduled some of the long-distance trains from Mumbai after seven coaches of a local train derailed on the fast track between Vile Parle and Andheri stations on Tuesday morning, injuring four commuters.
The rescheduled trains include those from Mumbai to Gujarat, New Delhi and Jammu and Kashmir. Some others that were to depart from Bandra LTT, Dadar and Mumbai Central railway stations were rescheduled, including Rajdhani Express, August Kranti Rajdhani Express and Karnavati Express, among others.
Below is the list of trains that have been rescheduled:
- 12955 Mumbai Central–Jaipur Express will depart at 9 pm instead of usual departure time at 6:50 pm.
- 12961 Mumbai Central–Indore Avantika Express will depart at 9:15 pm instead of its schedule departure at 7:05 pm.
- 19005 Mumbai Central–Okha Saurastra Mail will depart at 9:30 pm instead of its schedule departure at 8:25 Hrs.
- 12959 Dadar-Bhuj Express will depart from Borivali at 12:38 am on 16 September.
Some other trains, which were to depart from Mumbai Central, have been terminated and will depart from Borivali instead.
- 12932 Ahmedabd–Mum Central Double Decker Express was terminated at Borivali. It will depart as 12931 Double Decker Express from Borivali on Tuesday instead of Mumbai Central
- 12934 Ahmedabd–Mumbai Central Karnavati Express terminated at Borivali. It will depart as 12933 Karnavati Express from Borivali instead of Mumbai Central on 15 September.
The coaches of a local train derailed at around 11 am, disrupting rail services on the two (in Up and Down directions) fast tracks linking Churchgate in South Mumbai to Virar. The restoration work is underway and services are said to resume by 6 pm.