Adam Levine, who is a jack of all trades, including singing, acting, coaching new talent, playing multiple instruments, entrepreneurship and of course, being the "sexiest man alive", turns 36 on 18 March.
However, there is more to the lead vocalist of "Maroon 5" than looking hot and singing pop songs. His wife, the Namibian Victoria's Secret model Behati Prinsloo even insisted that if "you knew Adam, You'd say People made a mistake".
On the eve of "The Voice" coach's 36th birthday, here are 25 fascinating facts about him:
- Levine, who is an outspoken supporter of same-sex marriage and LGBT rights, has a brother who openly identifies himself as being gay.
- Levine has known Jason Segel of "How I Met Your Mother" fame and Oscar-nominated actor Jake Gyllenhaal since kindergarten and is close friends with them.
- Levine gets at least some of his fashion sense from his father, who founded M. Fredric, an LA-based clothing boutique
- "Maroon 5" was initially a junior high band Levine started with his friends Jesse Carmichael and Mickey Madden.
- The band, which was then known as "Kara's Flowers", made a guest appearance on the TV show "Beverly Hills, 90210" performing at the Peach Pit After Dark.
- "Songs About Jane", the debut album of "Maroon 5" was based on the songs Levine wrote about his ex-girlfriend Jane.
- American journalist and author Timothy Noah, who is currently the labour policy editor for "Politico" is Levine's uncle.
- The "Sexiest Man Alive" of 2013 is an avid practitioner of Yoga and religiously does it every day. He also has a tattoo of the Sanskrit word "Tapas" on his chest, which translates to meditation.
- Levine used to work as a writer's assistant for the TV show "Judging Amy" before his music career took off.
- The "Maroon 5" singer is ambidextrous, in that he writes and draws with his left hand, but prefers to do most other activities with the right one, including playing the guitar.
- Levine did not last long in college and dropped out soon after he joined.
- Levine was diagnosed with ADHD (attention-deficit-hyperactive disorder) as a teenager.
- Stevie Wonder and Prince are Levine's favourite musical artists and he considers the former his "spiritual leader".
- "The Voice" fellow-coach and country singer Blake Shelton and Levine share a great rapport and the duo's friendship has been dubbed as a "bromance". Levine speaks fondly of Shelton: "I love this guy. He's as much of a pain as I am!"
- Levine owns a record label "222 Records", which he started to sign on Rozzi Crance, a USC music student. She was the first singer signed on to "222 Records", followed by "Glee" singer-actor Mathew Morrison, "The Voice" contestant Tony Lucca and Mexican artist Diego Boneta.
- "222" is the door number of the very first studio "Maroon 5" ever recorded in; the number is also tattooed on his forearm.
- He is a registered Democrat and a vocal supporter of President Barack Obama.
- Levine loves being nude. He has gone on record saying: "I spend most of my life naked. In fact, I often have to be told by the people around me that it's inappropriate to be as naked as I am."
- In 2013, Levine launched a perfume line in 2013 for men and women.
- This is what Levine thinks of coffee: "Caffeine is like a really attractive girl that has nothing to say. You get all jacked up on it and then you're left feeling hollow and empty."
- Levine credits a buzzer-beater basketball shot he won when he was 7, for giving him the confidence to perform in front of huge crowds.
- Levine surprised his then-girlfriend Behati Prinsloo by proposing to her after a year of dating her on-and-off, in July 2013.
- Levine made his debut in the small-screen by starring in a recurring role on FX's "American Horror Story: Asylum" as one half of a married couple with Jenna Dewan –Tatum.
- On being linked with numerous women before he settled down, Levine said: "There are two kinds of men. There are men who are f--king misogynist pigs, and then there are men who really love women, who think they're the most amazing people in the world. And that's me... Maybe the reason I was promiscuous, and wanted to sleep with a lot of them, is that I love them so much."
- When on tour, Levine travels in bio-diesel powered buses, and he is not a fan of flying.
Check out for some of Levine's most candid photos above.