After remaining suspended for a day due to incessant rains, the Amarnath Yatra resumed on Wednesday with an improvement in weather conditions in the Union Territory.
The Yatra has resumed through both routes from Chandanwari and Baltal in Pahalgam and Ganderbal areas respectively.
As per the official figure of the authorities, a batch of 5982 pilgrims including women, children, and Sadhus left from Bhagwati Nagar transit camp of Jammu. The pilgrims moved towards Kashmir in a cavalcade of 209 vehicles.
Meanwhile, Divisional Commissioner Jammu, Ramesh Kumar informed that the Yatra has been resumed from Jammu province
"The Yatra which was suspended temporarily and halted in Jammu due to bad weather conditions has now been resumed on account of improved weather conditions", the Divisional Commissioner tweeted.
On Tuesday Yatra remained suspended to bad weather
The Amarnath Yatra remained suspended on Tuesday due to heavy rainfall on the route of both tracks. The pilgrims camping at Sheshnag and Panchtarni camps were allowed to leave for darshan after the rain stopped on Tuesday afternoon.
According to reports, 3,000 pilgrims were stopped at the Nunwan base camp on the Pahalgam axis on Tuesday. A batch of around 4,000 pilgrims that left Jammu for the Pahalgam route was stopped at Yatri Niwas in Chanderkote in the Ramban district on Jammu-Srinagar national highway.
Religious head announces Pooja calendar for Amarnath Yatra
Mahant Deependra Giri, Mahant Chhari-Mubarak Swami Amarnathji has announced the program for Chhari-Mubarak Swami Amarnath Yatra-2022 for the information of Sadhus and the public in general.
Mahant Deependra Giri met Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha on July 1 and presented him with the detailed program for Chhari-Mubarak Swami Amarnath Yatra.
He urged the Government to make all the necessary arrangements and take the appropriate preventive measures for the safety and security of the Sadhus and pilgrims accompanying Holy Mace.
Mahant Deependra Giri has also advised sadhus and members of civil society to get themselves registered who intend to join Chhari-Mubarak and stated that only registered pilgrims with valid Yatra Permit shall be allowed to accompany Chhari-Mubarak during the pilgrimage.
Mahadev Gir Dashnami Akhara Trust, Srinagar has made all the arrangements like previous years for Sadhus coming from across the country for the annual pilgrimage of Swami Amarnath for their food and comfortable stay at Akhara Building, Budshah Chowk, Srinagar.
- 'Bhoomi-Pujan', 'Navgrah Pujan', and 'Dhawajarohan' connected with the traditional commencement of the annual pilgrimage shall be performed at Pahalgam on the auspicious occasion of 'Ashad-Purnima' (Vyas-Purnima) on July 13.
- Chhari-Mubarak shall be taken to the historic Shankracharya Temple on July 28.
- On July 29, Chhari-Mubarak shall be taken to the historic Shankracharya Temple.
- On July 31st rural will be performed "Chhari-Sthapana" at Shri Amareshwar Temple Dashnami Akhara Srinagar
- After performing Chhari-Pujan at Dashnami Akhara Srinagar on August 2, Mahant Deependra Giri shall carry the Holy Mace to the holy cave.
- After night halts at Pahalgam on 7th and 8th August, Chandanwari on 9th August, Sheshnag on 10th August, and Panchtarani on August 11, the religious head would perform Pooja and have "darshan" in the early morning of Shravan-Purnima on 12th of August.