Prolific mobile firmware developer community Team Bliss has released the new BlissStalk custom ROM to Samsung's 2014 flagship smartphone Galaxy S5 (klte) models.
This new firmware is based on CyanogenMod CM12 and BeanStalk softwares and brings performance-enhancing tweaks and customisation options such as:
- Lockscreen options (includes customisable text colour, widget carousel, slider shortcuts)
- System options (includes low-battery warnings, notifications sounds, power widget, set custom Background)
- System Apps (CM11 series Theme chooser, Kernel Tweaker, Active Display, driving mode, gesture navigation, halo, hover effect, SlimROM Pie)
- Developer options
- Battery light LED
- Wake on plug
- Double tap status bar to sleep option
- Colour calibration
- Cell Broadcast
- And tons of other customisable features are included to enhance the user experience.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- This new BlissPop series Android 5.1.1 Lollipop BlissStalk firmware should be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 - klte - models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your phone (Samsung Galaxy S5) smartphone will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop BlissStalk Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte) models-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S5 to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, make sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place BlissPop Android v5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1.1 ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Once again reboot to Recovery mode and then flash Google Apps .zip file [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S5) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select 'About phone' to confirm the installation of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM.
[Credits: XDA Developers Forum & BlissPop]
[If faced with any issues, please leave your feedback, HERE]