Popular after-market Android smartphone custom ROM developer community BlissPop has released the new 5.1.1 Lollipop to the Samsung's 2013 flagship smartphone Galaxy S4 3G model.
The new BlissPop custom ROM is based on the latest AOSP (Android Open Source Project) 5.1.1 Lollipop. According to Team Android, it comes with new visually interface, customisation options such as:
- CM12 Theme Engine
- Display & light options (smart cover, adaptive brightness, livedisplay, double tap to sleep, cast screen, Daydream, DPI, battery light)
- Gesture Anywhere (Locations and trigger region options)
- Animation ( EME, Toast, Listview, system , scrolling cache and scrolling modifiers)
- AudioFX Equaliser
- Lockscreen drawer (long-press Lock Icon to sleep option, Shortcuts, bottom corner targets, weather options, customise text & Icon colors, music visualize option, lock method option)
- Status Bar (includes Clock & Date option, battery option, Bluetooth indicator, brightness control, Mobile & Wi-Fi options, network raffic monitor, notification count)
- Notification Drawer (Status Bar header, Tile option, Flash-light option, custom color tile options, quick settings option, Slim Access Tile, Auto-close panel)
- Notification manager (Device lock option, Block App notification, disable persistant info, priority app notification)
- And tons of other personalisation features are included along with performance tweaks to enhance the user experience on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500.
Prerequisites (things to remember before installing Custom ROM)
- Though installing custom ROM improves the device's performance and UI experiences, it makes the company warranty void and they will no longer be liable to provide updates in future [users can restore warranty by flashing the device with stock-ROM].
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation.
- This new BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM has to be installed on the Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 3G (with Exynos chipset)models only; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number]
- Users make sure they have installed USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Also make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted in the mid-way.
[Disclaimer:This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. IBTimes India cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure for BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500)-
Step 2: Connect Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500) to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place EuphoriaOS Android v5.1 Lollipop custom ROM zip file and Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (up)', 'Home' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'.
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode.]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'.
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation].
Step 9: Again come back to the main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'.
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.1 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure for Google Apps installation [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options].
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and restart the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Users then head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of BlissPop Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CM12 custom ROM.
[Credits: Team Android]