Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on Saturday, August 15, from the ramparts of the Red Fort on the occasion of 74th Independence Day. Firstly, PM Modi visited the Raj Ghat to pay his respects to Father of the Nation Mahatma Gandhi, following which the PM came to the Red Fort. PM Modi addressed the nation after unfurling the national flag here.
This will be PM Modi's 7th consecutive Independence Day speech from the ramparts of the Red Fort. Follow the LIVE BLOG of ibtimes.co.in to get all the latest updates on Independence Day celebrations.
Lakshadweep to be connected to submarine optical fiber cable: Modi
- In the next 1000 days, Lakshadweep will also be connected to submarine optical fiber cable, says PM Modi.
- There are over 1,300 islands in our country. Keeping in mind their geographical location and their significance in the development of the nation, work to begin new projects in some of these islands is underway: PM Narendra Modi.
'From LoC to LAC'
On 74th Independence Day, PM Modi said, "From LoC to LAC, whoever tried to raise their eyes towards the sovereignty of our country, our soldiers responded to it in the same manner."
3 vaccines are in testing stages in India: PM
"Today three vaccines are in testing stages in India. As soon as the scientists give a green signal, the country will begin their large scale production, said PM Modi.
Committee set up to reconsider minimum age for marriage of women: PM
"We have set up a committee to reconsider the minimum age for marriage of our daughters. We will take an appropriate decision after the committee submits its report," says PM Narendra Modi.
Optical fibre to be provided to 6 lakh villages: PM Modi
With time, priorities have to be revised, PM Modi said while announcing that optical fibre network will be provided to 6 lakh villages in 1,000 days.
'Agriculture Infrastructure Fund' of Rs 1 Lakh cr created: PM
An important priority of 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat' is Aatmanirbhar agriculture and Aatmanirbhar farmer. To provide modern infrastructure to the farmers of the country, 'Agriculture Infrastructure Fund' of Rs 1 Lakh Crores has been created, the PM said.
Make for world along with Make in India: PM Modi
Today, many big companies are turning towards India. We have to move forward with the mantra of 'Make for world' along with 'Make in India', says PM Modi.
ITBP jawans celebrate I-Day at 17,000 feet in Ladakh
The Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) jawans are celebrating Independence Day at an altitude of 17,000 feet in Ladakh.
Key takeaways from PM Modi's speech
- It never happened that there was any part during the time period of India's slavery that no attempt was made to free the country or nobody made sacrifices for freedom: PM Narendra Modi on Independence Day.
- I agree that there are lakhs of challenges for Aatmanirbhar Bharat and they increase if there is global competitiveness. However, if there are lakhs of challenges then the country also has power which gives crores of solutions, my countrymen who give us the strength of solution: PM Modi.
- A few months back we used to import N-95 masks, PPE kits and ventilators. Today India is not only meeting its own requirements but it has also stepped forward to help other countries: PM Narendra Modi on Independence Day.
- The mindset of free India should be 'vocal for local'. We should appreciate our local products, if we don't do this then our products will not get the opportunity to do better and will not get encouraged: PM Modi.
'Confident that India will realise this dream'
"I am confident that India will realise this dream. I am confident of the abilities, confidence and potential of my fellow Indians. Once we decide to do something, we do not rest until we achieve that goal," PM Modi said from the ramparts of the Red Fort.
'Humanity must retain a central role in this process and our journey'
India has always believed that the entire world is one family. "While we focus on economic growth and development, humanity must retain a central role in this process and our journey," PM Modi said while addressing the nation.
Aatmanirbhar Bharat is on the mind of India: PM Modi
Amid the coronavirus pandemic, 130 crore Indians took the resolve to be self-reliant and 'Aatmanirbhar Bharat' is on the mind of India. This dream is turning into a pledge. Aatmanirbhar Bharat has become a 'mantra' for the 130 crore Indians today, said PM Modi.
'A day to remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters'
Addressing the nation on 74th Independence Day, PM Modi said that this is a day to remember the sacrifices of our freedom fighters. "This is also a day to show gratitude to security personnel, including that of Army, paramilitary and police ensuring our safety," the PM added.
Corona has stopped everyone: PM Modi
After unfurling the tricolor, PM Modi began his speech. "We're going through distinct times. I can't see young children in front of me today at Red Fort. Corona has stopped everyone. In these times of COVID, Corona warriors have lived the mantra of 'Seva Parmo Dharma' and served the people of India. I express my gratitude to them," PM Modi said.
PM Modi unfurls tricolour at Red Fort
Prime Minister Narendra Modi unfurls the Tricolour at the Red Fort. Here are a few pictures: