Prolific custom mobile software developers, Paranoid Android have released latest 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM to OnePlus One.
According to team Paranoid Android, the new 5.0 Lollipop Alpha 1 version is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). It is 204 MB in size and comes with an array of new features including of visually appealing refurbished UI, performance tweaks and lots of enhancements to improve user-experience.
Salient features of the new Paranoid Android Custom ROM:
- Update the baseline to AOSP Lollipop 5.0.2
- Improvements to Heads Up, such as an option to disable heads up interruptions completely
- Add Quick Unlock
- Extend the power menu
- Animate the volume panel in a more material manner
- Make it possible to skip songs using volume buttons when the device is locked
- Add CM12 Theme Engine
- Fix for various small issues from AOSP
[Note:If you are flashing from kitkat, stock, or any other ROM we highly recommend a factory reset first. Not doing so may cause strange issues]
Readers are advised to go through the whole tutorial article first before going ahead with the installation
Prerequisites (Things to remember before installing the Custom ROM):
- This new Paranoid Android 5.0 Lollipop custom firmware has to be installed on the OnePlus One model only ; if tried on other devices, it might get bricked [To check your device model: Go to Settings >> About phone >> model number
- OnePlus One users are advised to install the latest CM nightly before flashing this release. The CM nightly contains firmware updates necessary to avoid bootloops and broken sensors. [Read more:OnePlus One Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Update: How to Install CyanogenMod [official] CM12 Custom ROM Nightly]
- Make sure the device is rooted before going forward for custom ROM installation
- Installation of custom ROM requires clearing of memory in the smartphone, so make sure to back all the data by installing Clockwork Mod (CWM) Recovery/ TWRP in the smartphone.
- Make sure to install USB drivers on the PC, or else your smartphone (OnePlus One) will not be recognised by the computer.
- Make sure your device has more than 80% battery, or else there is a chance of smartphone getting temporarily bricked if the installation process is interrupted mid-way.
[Disclaimer: This procedure is very technical and should be performed by a person with sound knowledge of rooting (or manual software installation) Android devices. If the step-by-step installation process is not followed properly, there are chances of the smartphone getting bricked or being permanently irreparable. International Business Times, India Edition cannot be held responsible for any damage or claims from readers if the procedure does not yield the required results or if the smartphone is bricked. Hence, users are advised to proceed with caution.]
Tutorial: Step-by-step installation procedure of Paranoid Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha 1 Custom ROM on OnePlus One model:
[Note:- custom ROM build-date: 02/02/2015]
Step 2: Connect OnePlus One to PC via USB cord.
[Note: Before plugging the phone to the computer, be sure that you have installed USB driver software, if not, click HERE to download the firmware]
Step 3: Then, place Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM zip file and the Google Apps .zip file into the phone's SD card memory. [Note: Users are advised to paste the .zip file in SD card root, not in any other folder.]
[Note: Before users' begin installing the custom software, be sure that the device must have rooted and has installed ClockworkMod Recovery/TWRP tool.]
Step 4: Now, turn off the device and disconnect from the PC.
Step 5: Then perform the regular Recovery Mode sortie by press holding 'Volume (Down)' and 'Power' buttons.
Step 6: After entering the RECOVERY mode, clear the phone memory, by selecting 'wipe data/factory reset'
[Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options, while operating under Recovery Mode]
Step 7: Now, clear the cache memory by choosing 'wipe cache partition'
Step 8: Then to go back to ClockworkMod recovery, and select 'advanced' and tap 'wipe dalvik cache' [Note: This step is optional, but many recommend this procedure so that user will not face boot loops or any other errors in the middle of custom ROM installation]
Step 9: Again come back to main recovery screen and then tap 'install zip from SD card'
Step 10: Then tap 'choose zip from sdcard' and go to Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM .zip file in SD card and enter the installation process. Repeat the same procedure to install Google Apps [Note: use 'Volume' keys to navigate and 'Power' button to select options]
Step 11: Once done with the installation process, navigate to '+++++Go Back+++++' and re-start the device by opting 'reboot system now' seen in the recovery menu.
Now, your device (OnePlus One) will take a few minutes to complete the booting process.
Head to Settings >> select About phone to confirm the installation of Paranoid Android 5.0 Lollipop Alpha 1 custom ROM.
[Credits: Paranoid Android]