South Indian actress Nithya Menen celebrates her 26th birthday on Wednesday, 8 April 2015.
Nithya has established herself as a successful actress in all South Indian languages, and her notable films include Malayalam film "Ustad Hotel" (2012), Telugu film "Ala Modalaindi" (2011), Kannada film "Josh" (2009) and Tamil film "Nootrenbadhu" (2011), among many others.
The actress, who has been receiving appreciations for her performance in the latest Malayalam film, "100 Days of Love" with Dulquer Salmaan, has many other projects in Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam in her kitty.
She will be next seen in Mani Ratnam's "OK Kanmani" (Tamil) and "OK Bangaram" (Telugu) opposite Dulquer, Allu Arjun's "S/O Satyamurthy", Anushka Shetty's "Rudhramadevi", Cheran's "Appavin Meesai" and Raghava Lawrence's "Kanchana 2".
On her birthday, Dulquer has wished his "Ustad Hotel", "100 Days of Love" and "OK Kanmani" co-star. He also wished "Bangalore Days" pair Parvathy Menon, who celebrated her 27th birthday on Tuesday.
Happy happy birthday to two of my awesome Co stars. Nithya who celebrates her birthday today and Parvathy who's birthday was yesterday. Both superb actors and wonderful human beings!! Hope and wish you both all happiness and success!
Check out some lesser known facts about Nithya Menen below:
- Nithya began her acting career as a child artiste in the English language film "The Monkey Who Knew Too Much" in 1998, when she was just 10 years old.
- She has also acted in the Bollywood film "Choti Maa – Ek Anokha Bandhan" in 2001 as a child artiste.
- Nithya made her debut as a lead heroine in KP Kumaran's 2008 film "Akasha Gopuram" opposite superstar Mohanlal, while she was in 12th standard.
- Apart from acting, Nithya has also made a mark in the industry as a singer, and has sung in all South Indian languages.
- Before pursing a career in acting, Nithya wished to become a journalist and is a graduate in journalism from the Manipal Institute of Communication.