As announced at E3 2014, Rockstar's most popular video game, GTA 5 will be coming to PC and next-generation consoles like PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The game was originally released only for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and now after rumors and speculations running strife for months since its release in September 2013, the game is finally arriving on these platforms.
Rockstar had said that it will be making the enhancements for PC, "(GTA 5 for PC) will take full advantage of the power of PC to deliver across-the-board enhancements including increased resolution and graphical detail, denser traffic, greater draw distances, upgraded AI, new wildlife, and advanced weather and damage effects for the ultimate open world experience."
But apart from the above enhancements, fans of the game would like to see some more of such improvements to come for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Below are some of those improvements that fans want to see in the three platforms (GamesRadar):
1. Modding: With the PC port for the game, it was clear that its lifespan will be more than the one that would be existing for the console variations and this is due to the numerous mods that players create for the game. This will mean that the PC gamers of GTA 5 will be having more fun playing the game than their counterparts playing it in the console variations. Though Rockstar has not dropped hints on how mod friendly GTA 5 will be, we can hope that they listen to the console gamers too and help the community tobring the mods to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as well.
2. More Number of Songs: Though GTA 5 has included broad soundtracks, it would be good if Rockstar is able to add a few more songs in the process. The game has about 17 radio station and 240 songs already.
3. Improved Helicopter Handling: While there have been improvements made on the driving and gunplay front, helicopter handling has seen the least of these improvements. Though there are not much of missions that are helicopter-missions, the ones that exist have great difficulty in landing them on the locations that are marked. DualShock 4's touchpad with an improved gyroscope could help better handling.
4. North Yankton: Though the North Yankton map is only for a short duration, if it was extended, it would have been better. Rockstar could provide players with in-game vacation to this tract where in-game characters could have a fun time.
5. Quicker Loading: Though the load times have been cleared, players will have to wait for the game to start after it boots up. The delay is even after having dedicated consoles and harddisk spaces only for that purpose. Even character transitions take a long time. It would be better for players if they were able to shift from one player to another without having the loading time.
6. Police and Ambulance Side-Missions: Some of the side-missions that existed, like the police and ambulance missions were absent from GTA 5. If these missions could be brought back, it would add to more fun.
7. Video Editing: Rockstar has said that the PC port will have a video editor that will allow players in advanced movie-making but one can hope for a similar one on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Though recording facility is available, it would be better if developers were able to add the video editing features into next-generation ports as well.
8. Better Bed Covers: GTA 5 does not have a better bed cover system. Though the characters in the game will be busy with their missions, it is necessary that they are given a better sleep time. Rockstar can bring in immersion in the way the characters sleep and use the bed covers.
9. Jetpacks: These would provide a new means of transport that will add a new dimension for the game.
10. Flamethrowers and Katana: Addition of these, two weapons will mean more fun in the game.