New Covid cases spiked to 571 in a day across Karnataka, while 496 patients recovered, said the state health bulletin on Thursday.
"With 571 new cases registered on Wednesday, the state's Covid tally increased to 9,34,639, including 6,128 active cases, while recoveries rose to 9,34,639 with 496 discharged in the last 24 hours," said the daily bulletin.
Of the four lives lost to the infection during the day, two were from Bengaluru and one each from Dharwad and Mysuru, taking the state's death toll to 12,350 till date.
In Bengaluru, 385 fresh cases were reported on Wednesday, taking its Covid tally to 4,06,825, including 4,358 active cases, while 3,97,975 recovered with 310 discharged earlier in the day.
Of 115 Covid patients in the intensive care units (ICUs), 49 are in Bengaluru hospitals and 10 in Kalaburagi, with the rest in 29 districts across the state.
Out of 78,618 tests conducted in the day, 4,623 were through rapid antigen detection and 73,995 were through the RT-PCR method.
"Positivity rate for the day was 0.72 per cent and the case fatality rate 0.70 per cent across the southern state on Wednesday," said the bulletin.
Meanwhile, 16,203 people were vaccinated across the state in the day, including 10,525 senior citizens above 60 years of age, 1,561 of 45 years age and above with comorbidities, 3,310 healthcare workers and 807 frontline warriors.
Where to get vaccine in Bengaluru?
The Karnataka health department shortlisted 20 private and 5 government hospitals across Bengaluru for administering anti-Covid vaccines to senior citizens aged above 60. As notified by the health ministry, private hospitals will charge Rs 250 per dose of the vaccine while it will be free at government hospitals.
Vaccination will be done in government hospitals on four days - Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday in a week, while it will be given on all working days in private hospitals. Here's a list of hospitals giving the Covid-19 vaccine in Bengaluru:
- KC General Hospital, Jayanagar
- General Hospital, Bangalore
- Medical College and Hospital
- Bowring Medical College Hospital
- CV Raman General Hospital
- Vikram Hospital
- Manipal Hospital, Old Airport Road
- Raghavendra People Tree Hospital
- Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Yeshwanthpur
- Apollo Hospital, Sheshadripuram
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Sarjapur
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Whitefield
- Fortis Hospital, Bannerghatta Road
- Apollo Hospital, Bannerghatta Road
- Sparsh Hospital
- Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital
- BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences
- Columbia Asia Hospital, Hebbal
- Aster CMI Hospital, Hebbal
- Apollo Speciality Hospital, Jayanagar
- Dayanand Sagar Hospital
- Kumaraswamy Layout; Mallige
- Hospital, Sushrusha Hospital
- MS Ramaiah Medical College and Hospital
(With inputs from IANS)