Last month, YU released Cyanogen OS 12.1 update OTA (Over-the-Air) to budget smartphone Yuphoria in India.
It is based on the final version of the Android Lollipop (v5.1.1). It brings bug fixes and a slew of new value-added features to enhance user experience on Yu Yuphoria.
Salient features of Cyanogen OS 12.1:
- Redesigned Launcher: App Drawer and Folders have been redesigned enhancing accessibility
- Smarter Screen: LiveDisplay intelligently adjusts your screen based on environmental conditions
- Calendar Together with Email: Enjoy the latest Boxer-powered experience where you can seamlessly share your availability and schedule appointments
- Fresh AudioFX: The user interface has been updated for consistency across all devices
- More Playback support: Substantially increased support of codecs for video and audio playback
How to Install Cyanogen OS 12.1 (build number: YOG4PAS47N) update YU Yuphoria via OTA [Over-The-Air]:
On getting the update notifications, select the "Yes, Download" option >> then, after downloading, select >> "Install now". The phone will restart automatically and the OS will be updated to the new version.
We would like to remind out readers that the roll-out process is being carried out in phases, so it will take at least two more weeks to reach all corners of the country.
Until then, users can check manually on the smartphone by going to â€“ "Settings" >> "About phone" >> "System update" >> "Check Now".