At least 20 people were killed and 15 others injured in a Saudi Arabia-led coalition airstrike on a building in Yemen's capital city Sanaa on Sunday, security officials reportedly said on Monday. The building was used as a gathering point by both security forces and Houthi rebels.
The deceased include both police personnel and Houthi rebels, AFP reported, citing officials who are loyal to Houthis -- the anti-government insurgency group led by Abdul-Malik Badreddin al-Houthi.
The officials also said that as many as 30 people are also feared trapped under the debris of the building targeted by the airstrike. The airstrike was conducted shortly before Sunday midnight.
The Integrated Regional Information Networks (IRIN) -- Nairobi-based humanitarian news agency -- said in a statement that one of its journalists was killed in an "apparent" airstrike.The 35-year-old Almigdad Mohammed Ali Mojalli was killed outside the building in Sanaa.
Saudi warplanes have conducted several airstrikes on Houthis and forces loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh since March 2015. More than 7,500 people have been killed and over 14,000 others injured in the air raids since then, Press TV reported.
On 13 January, at least 30 people were reportedly killed when Saudi warplanes conducted airstrike on residential buildings in the Sa'ada province's Dhahian district.